a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

From Japanese To English! ^^

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

From Japanese To English! ^^

Postby Ulver_684 » March 13th, 2007 3:23 am

Hi I would like to make this forum topic for translating from Japanese to English any post you wanna know its meaning so lets help each other out and give a hand by providing the translation if you know it ok! :wink: 8)

Well thank you I really appreciated very much! :wink: :D

I would like to know what this post means so can someone help out and post the english translation for it! :shock: :?

関係:地元友
よぉけーりん!!
けーりんは優しくてよく気がつくいい子よね☆
ちゃきちゃきしてて、でも実は女の子らしい部分も持ち合わせていてステキよ~~☆
お嫁さんにしたいわ^^私と結婚して!!!

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » March 13th, 2007 6:34 am

That's a very personal message between two people, so I'm not about to do a line by line translation. Sadly Kerin is getting a rejection, as the writer already has a girlfriend whom he intends to marry. :cry:

Get 40% OFF
annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » March 13th, 2007 12:33 pm

Alan wrote:That's a very personal message between two people, so I'm not about to do a line by line translation. Sadly Kerin is getting a rejection, as the writer already has a girlfriend whom he intends to marry. :cry:

what line do you get that from?

i read the end as "I want you to be my bride. Marry me."

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » March 13th, 2007 5:49 pm

Whoops I have mistranslated the fourth line. I thought he was saying he was already taken, in which case the topic of the last line would be the existing gf, not Kerin.

I used Rikai-chan which gave 持ち合わせていて as 'to happen to have in hand', and thought that the line meant something like 'the truth is, it appears that the part of the girl is in hand'. I thought this was saying that he already had a girlfriend, and that the subsequent line referred to her but on a second look (What with the stars & everything), it looks like I was wrong. It seemed a bit weird the way I was looking at it anyway. In which case I agree with your translation of the last line.

I'm sorry for getting this completely the wrong way round. :cry:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 14th, 2007 1:16 am

What does Kerin means Alan?

Alan-san please can you please be more expecific?

So what does this exactly means? this person is asking to other one to get marry? :(

This is the sadess day of my life! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » March 14th, 2007 6:08 pm

I believe that Kerin is the name of the person he's writing to and it looks like a marriage proposal. I'm not going to do a line-by-line partly because I'm not happy that I've understood the 4th line properly. Also it's very personal message & I'm not sure I should be reading it.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 14th, 2007 8:24 pm

Thank You very much Alan-san for your help! :wink: 8)

Don't worry about doing it line by line It is very clear to me now. To be honest I understood it before you tell me the meaning but I wanted to make sure it was what I thought!

It's fine Alan-san thanks for your help! :D

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » March 15th, 2007 1:08 am

Alan wrote: Also it's very personal message & I'm not sure I should be reading it.

it looks like it's a mixi introduction, which means that it's posted on the internet for everyone to read.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 15th, 2007 2:58 pm

Annie-san you're right it is a Mixi friend Introduction that really hurts me so much but life goes on and I'm sure I'll find someone better than this trash! :( :cry:

What hurts me the most is that I got illusioned and I was gonna travel to Japan to meet personally! :x :evil:

I need an expert advice please! Should I fight or should I just let it go :?

You know that there is a quote that says if you really love a person let it go and if it comes back to you than means that it was meant to be yours since the first time! ahhhh :twisted:
Last edited by Ulver_684 on May 16th, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 16th, 2009 8:56 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

I sent a e-mail to my Japanese friend about what was Au Pair? and ask her to reply in Japanese because I'm learning Japanese duh! Well then she reply to me in Japanese so I would like someone to translate me this for me I understood certain parts but not all so can a good soul help me out please:

こんにちは。シンディー

ありがとう Au Pairはbabysitterのようなものだよ。
ホームステイしながら、そのファミリーのこどものお世話(childcare)を
するんだけど、Au Pairはそのほかにも1年間に6単位(credits)のクラスをとって
アメリカや他の国の文化(culture)を勉強しないといけないんだ☆

シンディーは日本語の勉強がんばっているんだね
わからないことがあれば、いつでも聞いてね。
日本語の勉強を てつだうことができれば、とてもうれしいです

Well thank you for your time and translation! :D

zakojanai
Established Presence

Postby zakojanai » May 16th, 2009 9:31 pm

Here's a quick, not entirely literal translation.

Hi Cindy!
Thanks. An "Au Pair" is something like a babysitter. The difference is that Au Pair do a homestay while taking care of the children. Besides that, Au Pairs take a six credit course and have to study the culture of America or whatever country they're in.

You're studying Japanese really hard, aren't you? If there's something you don't understand, feel free to ask me. It would would make me very happy to help you with your Japanese studies.
[/i]

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » May 16th, 2009 10:29 pm

Doesn't it kind of defeat the object to get somebody to translate for you, when you asked your friend to type in Japanese for the benefit of your studies? It looks like she's deliberately used quite simple, straightforward language (nothing outside of JLPT3), so it might be more beneficial to attempt your own translation, and then ask for help when you get stuck.

zakojanai
Established Presence

Postby zakojanai » May 17th, 2009 1:33 am

Javizy's right. Next time you want a translation, how about proposing your own and we'll correct you if you make any mistakes. It's better practice for you and easier for the person translating. I don't think anything that's in that letter is beyond what you can do.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 17th, 2009 8:11 pm

@Javizy/Zakojanai-san! :wink:

You guys are right! thank you for the help, I try to that next time ok!:oops::D

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”