Or sign up using Facebook

When you miss a package from Post Office

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

dmr214
Established Presence

When you miss a package from Post Office

Postby dmr214 » April 11th, 2007 5:56 am

Guys,
I really need a lesson on the post office. Not the usual one because I think you've already done it. But I need one when you miss a package. Calling the post office to have a package delivered has a ton of kanji and they ask you a lot of questions very quickly and you need to dial a specific number (whatever number it is!!) into the automated system.

I think it would help people like me, who are living in Tokyo, survive easier!!

Help please!!

Dave

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: When you miss a package from Post Office

Postby Bueller_007 » April 11th, 2007 5:58 am

dmr214 wrote:Guys,
I really need a lesson on the post office. Not the usual one because I think you've already done it. But I need one when you miss a package. Calling the post office to have a package delivered has a ton of kanji and they ask you a lot of questions very quickly and you need to dial a specific number (whatever number it is!!) into the automated system.

I think it would help people like me, who are living in Tokyo, survive easier!!

Help please!!

Dave

How does a telephone call have kanji?

Anyway, why don't you just do it online?
https://trackings.post.japanpost.jp/del ... request.do

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
dmr214
Established Presence

Postby dmr214 » April 11th, 2007 5:59 am

You get a slip in your mailbox that says you missed a package.

That's the point of making it a lesson, so that you can have the option to dial in and schedule your package.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » April 11th, 2007 6:20 am

dmr214 wrote:You get a slip in your mailbox that says you missed a package.

That's the point of making it a lesson, so that you can have the option to dial in and schedule your package.

As I recall, the procedure is somewhat straightforward. You check if you want the package redelivered to your home or to your office, you choose the date, you choose the time, and then you put it in the big red mailbox.

I've never called Japan Post for redelivery, but if it's as straightforward as Sagawa Express, then you just input your package number into the phone, choose a day, choose a time, and you're good.

The Japan Post website has English though, so it seems like that'd be the easiest way to go.

dmr214
Established Presence

Postby dmr214 » April 11th, 2007 7:41 am

Maybe I should rephrase my original post.

I would like to learn about the post office dialing instructions. I want to learn about it because I think it would be worthwhile to learn to do this in Japanese rather than rely on people to provide me with Instructions in English.

If you could put a JCC or a beginners lesson together that would be great!

Thanks JPod101!

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”