Or sign up using Facebook

Which exam are you taking this year?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Beverley_Dawn
New in Town

Which exam are you taking this year?

Postby Beverley_Dawn » January 3rd, 2018 1:00 pm

Hello!

Who here is aiming for a JLPT exam this year?

Which level are you hoping to pass? First attempt? Second? Lost count??

Any one heading for London for N5 in the summer? I might feel brave enough to try for it this year.

Beverley

poyo1107
New in Town

Re: Which exam are you taking this year?

Postby poyo1107 » January 3rd, 2018 1:10 pm

I will take on the JLPT N3 in Hamburg, Germany.
I got perfect score for N5 in December 2016 and almost perfect score for N4 in July 2017 but I decided to spend more time to learn Kanji before I try passing N3 as this is where I did all of my mistakes with N4. I'm so not in the mood to learn them but can't be helped, eh? :D

Get 40% OFF
Beverley_Dawn
New in Town

Postby Beverley_Dawn » January 4th, 2018 1:02 pm

Well done on your perfect score! Did you find it easy? Do you recall how long you studied before hand?

I think my main worry is not understanding the questions! I’ve started on the practice tests on this site ... I definitely need the practice!

poyo1107
New in Town

Postby poyo1107 » January 4th, 2018 7:13 pm

Beverley_Dawn wrote:Well done on your perfect score! Did you find it easy? Do you recall how long you studied before hand?

I think my main worry is not understanding the questions! I’ve started on the practice tests on this site ... I definitely need the practice!

Thanks. :) I thought it was very easy. You just need some basic knowledge of grammar, be able to read Hiragana, Katakana and about 100 Kanji and know really basic vocab and some essential phrases.

However, you should know that I had been studying for 3-4 years before taking the N5 test. So maybe it's a different story for you.
I wanted to start with the lowest test level to get an understanding of the kind of questions asked etc.

Have you tried listening to the "JLPT Season 1 - Old 4/New N5"-series (https://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php?cat=33)? I think that should give you a very good understanding of what the questions want from you. You could also buy the official practice workbook (http://www.jlpt.jp/e/reference/books.html). Use a timer and try to solve all the questions in one go and if you are able to pass the example test, you're definitely going to pass the real test too. :wink:

susumiyahakashi_508732
New in Town

Postby susumiyahakashi_508732 » January 7th, 2018 5:27 am

Hello everyone!! :)
I want to try the N2, but i may be lacking a lot of kanji :(
So i'm gonna keep studying to see how far i get. if i cant then first i'll take the N3 test
Beverley-san you can do it!!! :wink:
Ganbattekudasai!
by the way i have never take one JLPT test ... :lol:
poyo1107-san, i think thats a good idea, i also want to prepare myself
but dont worry once you get the hang of kanji is not so bad :wink:
EVERYBODY GANBATTEKUDASAI !!
ハカシ :oiwai:

Beverley_Dawn
New in Town

Postby Beverley_Dawn » January 11th, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks Poyo1107-san!

I actually got the official practice book for my birthday last week :D and I'm working on the Old 4/New N5 series you recommended - I hadn't seen that, so thanks very much!

I'd like to think I can fill any gaps in my knowledge by the summer, but part of me says 'Nope! You have the memory of a sieve! Give yourself another year!'

It would be amazing to get a perfect score, but I'm wondering about just giving the test a go regardless with no expectation of passing, and if I fail just give it a go next year.

Thanks for the encouragement Susmiyahakashi-san! :)

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » February 12th, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments and helping each other! Good luck studying for JLPT!

Miki H
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”