Or sign up using Facebook

Favorite anime?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

kageri
Been Around a Bit

Favorite anime?

Postby kageri » September 8th, 2009 1:57 pm

this section needs more threads:)
so I'm asking for your favorite anime series...

mine are:

Juuni Kokki
Seirei no moribito
Saiunkoku monogatari
Hana yori dango
Major
Ginga eiyuu densetsu
Monster
Beck
Kyou kara maou!
Hellsing OVA
Rurouni Kenshin OVA's

mangara99
Been Around a Bit

My favs

Postby mangara99 » September 12th, 2009 9:29 pm

Hello,
mmm, I've noticed most people here are not interested in anime, but I DO like it a lot,
I think anime is a representative aspect of japanese society, specially overseas.
I used to watch a lot of animes when I was younger but now I barely watch a series every now and then, it's good for listening practice :)

Ok, now, here are my favs:

*Honey and Clover
*Rurouni Kenshin
*Ouran host club
*Karekano
*Card captor sakura
*Azumanga Daioh
*Mahoromatic

:P

Get 40% OFF
mslozada
Been Around a Bit

about me

Postby mslozada » September 12th, 2009 11:18 pm

mangara99 wrote:it's good for listening practice :)

that is the only reason why I watch anime's once in a while.

I think trying to read a magazine or newspaper in 100% japanese is a lot more fun, dont you think too ?

There are lots of japanese books labeled 小学 - 中学 - 高学 - 大学 if kanji is a problem.

:D

mangara99
Been Around a Bit

Postby mangara99 » September 13th, 2009 3:03 am

I try reading on web sites too. It's easier for me because I can look up the words in online dics like Jdic, cause I dont have a good printed japanese dictionary XD, and also
I try to check sites about different topics to increase vocabulary.

Anyway, I dont know why some people think of anime as something not good and not worth watching. It's true many animes out there are crap and are senseless mostly focusing on pervert situations and fanservice, but there are also some master pieces really interesting and funny.

If I'm in the mood and have time I give it a try to some series that look interesting.
I also read manga cause most of them include furigana and make use of very informal and colloquial expressions that you may not find in ordinary japanese lessons or courses.

There are also the drama cds, theyre even better for listening practice than the show itself. I like when characters start talking nonstop and so fast, it's really funny and a real challenge to understand all they say.

str8cat
New in Town

favorite anime, manga, etc. ^−^

Postby str8cat » September 14th, 2009 12:53 am

(^−^)

I watch and read both the manga and anime for Bleach and Naruto Shippuden although without any real regularity.

I'm also watching occasionally, Shikabane no Hime (Corpse Princess/屍の姫) and started
watching some episodes of "Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit" recently (both of these have pretty nice animation). I tend to like action / adventure animes usually with plenty of comedy or humour but I may see if I can hold of some of the others mentioned on this thread.

Listening Practice
I agree that it can be good listening comprehension practice in some ways although it's still 'anime-talk' and I don't think real people talk like these characters (at least not on the ones I've seen).

Reading Practice
I read manga mostly in Japanese with furigana for something light with small blobs of text. Newspapers are beyond my non-常用漢字 level skills at this point.

Do you also watch Japanese films. I was in Japan this past summer (unfortunately, during 黄金週間, "Golden Week"), and got to see クロズゼロ2 while I was there.今、それは 面白いですね。 I didn't get all the words but it was fun seeing it in a real theatre in Japan and I could grasp the plot and at least part of the dialogue.

じゃね、^^

salivia_baker
Been Around a Bit

Re: favorite anime, manga, etc. ^−^

Postby salivia_baker » September 28th, 2009 7:32 pm

str8cat wrote:(^−^)

I watch and read both the manga and anime for Bleach and Naruto Shippuden although without any real regularity.

oh I like Bleach. The anime, I tried to read the Manga but honestly I don't like action when it's drawn. For me it has to move :P
Claymore is the only Shounen Jump Manga I actually read and not only watch the anime.

watching some episodes of "Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit" recently (both of these have pretty nice animation).

oh I love Seirei no Moribito as Anime but also as book. My Japanese is not good enough to read or listen to without translation but I read the english translation for Seirei no Moribito nd currently reading Yami no Moribito. It seems they will publish the whole Moribito series. At least I hope so.

Listening Practice
I agree that it can be good listening comprehension practice in some ways although it's still 'anime-talk' and I don't think real people talk like these characters (at least not on the ones I've seen).

maybe it's not good for a speak pattern but I can remember more words by watching an anime then I can when listening to Jpod or repeat it again and again. if it's very often used in an anime it just stays in my mind.

oh JMovies are great as well JDoramas. Or Musicals/plays. I only could my handy of a handful musicals/plays so far but I liked them very much.

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » September 29th, 2009 4:15 am

Haibane Renmei

Bissen
Been Around a Bit

Postby Bissen » September 29th, 2009 11:55 am

Ugh, I don't know!

I've only seen 33 or so, but some of my favorites so far are:
Ghost Hunt - thought it was very cool
Itazura na Kiss - funny and lovely!
Nodame Cantabile - FUNNNY, LOVELY.. genius!

I think those are my favorites... But I don't know. I tend to forget how much I love an anime, once I've started watching another :lol:

Hatake girl
New in Town

Postby Hatake girl » September 29th, 2009 10:52 pm

i love naruto(including naruto shippuden) and death note! :kokoro:

harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

My Favorites...

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 20th, 2009 7:52 pm

I really like Kaleido Star, Azumanga Daioh, Kamichu, Inuyasha, Piano, Pokemon, Pani Poni Dash, and Shuffle!

QuackingShoe
Expert on Something

Postby QuackingShoe » October 20th, 2009 10:57 pm

Pani Poni Daaaaaasssshh
Not enough people (in the west) even know about that, and it's seriously one of the greatest! The largest barrage non-stop pop culture references... ever?

harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

Pani Poni Dash

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 21st, 2009 4:20 pm

I know, it's terrible it's not all the popular over here because it is probably one of the best anime's that are totally random :D... I don't know why but I just love how spastic everybody is in the show!

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » October 21st, 2009 11:01 pm

If you like Pani Poni Dash you may like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Same creators I think. Its similar but with much darker humor.

harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 22nd, 2009 2:02 pm

Lol, I'll definitely have to check that out :). I believe my favorite character is Ichijo or マホ Girl :D.

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » October 22nd, 2009 5:48 pm

heh...just look at the OP on youtube. That show is a beast lol

yeah Ichijo is awesome. Plenty of weird girls in this one too lol

Return to “Japanese Anime & Manga”