Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Do you download and listen to each day's lesson everyday?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Yes, I try to listen to every lesson!
37%
No, I only listen to my level (or levels).
63%

Total votes: 52

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » May 23rd, 2008 7:44 am

I know a lot of people use the site in different ways. It's one of the coolest things to hear from listeners.

So today, I want to ask about your listening habits.

:suki:

Last edited by markystar on May 30th, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » May 23rd, 2008 9:52 am

I listen to the show while out jogging, so I listen to four or five shows in one burst every other day. I'm not yet advanced enough to listen to the intermediate shows, but I've been working my way through the Beginner lessons, Survival Phrases, Culture Classes, and Newbie lessons. I've got through all the Survival Phrases and Culture Classes; I'm up to date with the Newbie lessons, so I listen to those on the day of or day after release; and Beginner lessons I'm just up to the start of series 2.

I actually tend to listen to the show in order to back up what I've learnt by teaching myself using textbooks. But I'm hoping, some time this year, to find the time to push on and improve my Japanese enough to start listening to the intermediate lessons.

Get 40% OFF
sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » May 23rd, 2008 10:44 am

I listen to everything, everyday.

Reason is, I find there is always something interesting in each lesson, no matter which level it is.
お茶漬け海苔

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » May 23rd, 2008 10:54 am

I listen to almost everything! :ooen: :ooen: :ooen:

The intermediate levels are WAAAAAAY over my head, but the stories are great! :kokoro: :kokoro: :kokoro:

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » May 23rd, 2008 1:12 pm

I listen to everything except the blog. I was putting it off until I was at more of an intermediate level, so I'll probably start catching up with those soon.

I only listen to the upper intermediate lessons more than once though, and the lower intermediates if I had any trouble understanding them. Same goes with downloading the PDF's.

scooterfu
New in Town

Postby scooterfu » May 23rd, 2008 4:46 pm

Being that I'm a "Newbie", and I've been on this road for about a month now, I listen t the Newbie, Beginner, and Survival Phrases about 10 hours a day at work and during my bus commute. I sit in front of a computer all day so it works good for me and then I reinforce by studying the PDF's at night and on the weekends. And I listen to each lesson over and over again until I can remember it. At times when I can't "really" pay attention though I do like to just listen forward as far as I can up the ladder because it can't hurt, and I really really looooove Naomi Sensei's accent when she speaks English. [/u]

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 23rd, 2008 10:10 pm

Marky-san! :wink:

I do only Newbie/beginner and Miki's blog for now! :twisted:

metal_lloyd
New in Town

Postby metal_lloyd » May 25th, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm still listening to the old podcasts from 2006 :)
And I hope to be in sync with the current ones hopefully next year!

Lloyd

katafei
New in Town

listening

Postby katafei » May 25th, 2008 9:14 pm

I listen to almost every lesson, but I skip the 'newbies' :mrgreen: Instead, I add some EnglishPod and ArabicPod, and occasionally one of the other languages. At the moment, I download about once a fortnight, adding some older lessons and other podcasts and I then I listen to them on a daily basis, while walking the dog, driving my car, and so on (so much for Zen...).
It's really helping my Japanese "to the next level" :oiwai:

spidey
Established Presence

Yes, I try the 101 challenge everyday!

Postby spidey » May 26th, 2008 2:12 am

Everyday challenge is the only ticket for me!

On real easy lesson days I just listen and try to use the lesson as a dictation activity. Then later in the day I'll print it out and check how I did.

elau1986
Been Around a Bit

Postby elau1986 » May 26th, 2008 3:56 am

basically lower intermediate and upper intermediate lessons only, but sometimes beginner lessons too, because sometimes there are one or two vocabs that I can learn from those lessons :D

8gatsu3
New in Town

Postby 8gatsu3 » May 28th, 2008 9:35 pm

I listen to almost every one except the newbies, but not necessarily every day, sometimes I catch up on a few days worth later on. I'm at the intermediate level, but the beginner ones often have things I haven't seen in textbooks.

schenkus
New in Town

Postby schenkus » May 30th, 2008 2:55 pm

I listen to almost everything (not all of the newbie lessons) and I actually keep an archive of these lessons on my ipod and use an "intelligent" playlist to "relisten" to lessons after about 6 months.
(the bus I take to work takes quite long, so this is a good way to pass the time)

danieru_s
Been Around a Bit

Postby danieru_s » May 31st, 2008 1:10 am

I listen to all of the lessons, even though I am still a beginner. I actually really enjoy casual parts of the podcasts where Peter and Naomi talk to each other, one in English, the other in Japanese.

For that reason, I also listen to all of the EnglishPod101 podcasts.

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » May 31st, 2008 3:57 am

I used to listen every day. But, somehow, I felt I hadn't really learned everything. I was skimming the surface. So I went back to Beginner Lessons. I'm on Beginner Lesson #132 now. I use the Learning Center to review the kanji, content, grammar and vocabulary. I practice the line-by-line audio and record my voice (that's helping me a whole lot! :D ) Then I take the quizzes. So, it's really helping me to do that. Once in awhile I listen to the current lessons, but I really need to get the basics down. It's a little frustrating because I really want to learn everything at once! :wink:

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”