Could someone translate this for Mimi?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Mimi Chan
New in Town

Could someone translate this for Mimi?

Postby Mimi Chan » October 16th, 2007 5:54 am

You see Mimi is making her own RPG.
Heres an old video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llABqESieIs

Mimi need the translation of each sword and its description so Mimi can finish entering it in the weapon database.

Actually Mimi have 40 x 5 more weapons that needs to be translated. But Mimi will try first if someone is kind enough here to translate the swords part.

Here is the thingy that needs to be translated:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/ ... swords.jpg

If you have trouble of reading it, you can download the file directly here:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... ze&thumb=4

Honto ni arigato gozaimasu

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 16th, 2007 7:06 am

i could probably give you the names of the weapons (or most of them)... as for the explanation, i might need to guess at it. but if the name is correct, then the effects might be self-explanatory.

Get 40% OFF
Mimi Chan
New in Town

Postby Mimi Chan » October 16th, 2007 7:10 am

Oh, thanks for helping me.

But I really need a precise translation of the description too.

Since most of the time, the name of the weapon don't have something to do with the description.

Thanks again.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 16th, 2007 7:25 am

I'm guessing the explanation from my understanding of the meaning of those kanji words. They might not be correct.

01 - Amateur Knife - For beginners to practice
02 - Needle Rapier - Though thin but stronger than expected
03 - Hard Dagger - Small, light, and hard. Effective as a sidearm
04 - Gurei Buezu? Gurei Puezu? (i sincerely don't know what this is)
05 - Iron Sword - Used by "some guy" (i don't know what the kanji means for this part)
06 - Shinse(?) Blade - Special-shaped, used as weapon by some clan
07 - Feather Knife - Made of feather, light but strong weapon (yasui - strong)
08 - Slice Saber? - Low air resistance? Design something (don't understand the last 2 kanji)
09 - LargeSaber - Really big blade. Heavy. Difficult? (Maybe difficult to use)
10 - Punishment Sword? (Or Sword of Punishment) - Easy to use. Weight "afureru" (what's afureru?) weapon.

gotta continue with some work... i'll get back to the remaining 30 weapons later.

edit:
after some thought, i think 04 should be something like this,
04 - gu-re-i-bu Edge (i'm still thinking of what english word sounds like "gureibu")
Last edited by jemstone on October 16th, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mimi Chan
New in Town

Postby Mimi Chan » October 16th, 2007 7:33 am

Oh thanks.

You're translations are on par with some of mine.

Thanks again.

Shaydwyrm
Expert on Something

Postby Shaydwyrm » October 16th, 2007 9:02 am

グレーブエッジ -> "Grave Edge" maybe?

シンセ -> "synth" -> "synthesized" I think

The punishment sword "can't be carried easily", and あふれる means overflow, so it's also "a weapon of overflowing weight and thickness".

The last two kanji for the "Slice Saber" mean "conspicuous", so maybe the last bit means "distinctive design"?

It would be much easier if you had a slightly higher resolution image, some of the more complex kanji are difficult to make out.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 16th, 2007 9:28 am

now for the rest

11 - sa-ba-i-bu Sword - Strong weapon for adventurer?
12 - Elegant Knife - Elegant and expensive
13 - Ribbon Saber - Ribbon (something), increase Fly abilities
14 - Armor Sword (Shell Sword) - (absolutely no idea what the description is... heh)
15 - Dark Kunai (Kunai is a short sword but longer than a dagger) - Weapon for assassination
16 - Bunny Teeth Ru-Re? Totally lost with this weapon...
17 - Common Saber? - No idea about the description
18 - Steel Shortsword? (the first kanji word i can't make out the word) - No idea about the description as well
19 - sashyu Sword? (need to think a bit what sashyu might be) - No idea here also.. something about a "difficult weapon"?
20 - Gimmick Buster - kanji words too small... may be it's saying "has high healing capabilities" or "high regenerative abilities"
21 - Return Knife - When used (or thrown perhaps) will return back
22 - Metal Staff (Iron or Steel Staff) - No idea abt the description
23 - serebu Killer? (what's a serebu) - something about a pretty precious stone
24 - Double Snake Blade - Probably "full of evil from the maker"
25 - Sprend? Splend? Sbrend? Sblend? Sword - No idea abt the description either
26 - Excel Saber (it certainly reads like it.. heh) - Combination of weapon, decoration, and something else
27 - High Blade - No idea abt the description
28 - Regist Saber - No idea abt the description either
29 - gu-re-i-su-fu-ru-re?

note: i'm thinking for number 16 and 29, it might be "Flail", but it would be フレール instead of フルーレ. If so, 16 is "Baniti" Flail, and 29 would be "Grace Flail".

30 - Rune Edge - No idea abt the description
31 - su-re-zu-i-ru (need help on this) - the description looks like it means "full of evil and hatred and everything in between"
32 - Wise Edge - Either very damaging or very useless. I'm guessing the second part to mean "beautiful craftsmanship"
33 - Fang Saber - Big teeth weapon
34 - ga-de-ni-ru (need help) - strong plant (or maybe strong against plants or plant-type monsters) miracle life?
35 - Ninja Knife (the first kanji is the "nin" part for ninja, so i'm guessing "ninja knife") - flat blade sword, best for slicing (i think)
36 - nya-n Buster (i wonder what nyan is) - need help for description
37 - Chain Sword - No idea what the description is, but i suspect it might be something similar to that weapon featured in "Bleach".
38 - Red "something" Knife (or Knife of Red "something") - need help for description
39 - ka-su-te-i-ra (need help) - need help here too
40 - Astral Edge - need help for description

like Shaydwyrm said, it'd be better if there's a higher res version of the picture.

someone can come in and fill in the blanks now. =P that's the best i can do. been sometime since i played any games. getting rusty with the lingo.

Shaydwyrm
Expert on Something

Postby Shaydwyrm » October 16th, 2007 10:53 am

jemstone wrote:now for the rest

11 - sa-ba-i-bu Sword - Strong weapon for adventurer?

Survival Sword

Because there's a ribbon attached, your abilities increase rapidly. (nothing about flying, despite the kanji).

14 - Armor Sword (Shell Sword) - (absolutely no idea what the description is... heh)

EDIT: You were right, Shell Sword. Misread the 2nd kanji! 複雑な細工の中に光るものを感じる means something like, "within the complicated craftsmanship, you feel something glowing."

16 - Bunny Teeth Ru-Re? Totally lost with this weapon...

バニティ is probably "vanity", no idea about フルーレ. 不思議な形状が一瞬だけ幻に見える一品 - "This item's mysterious form is visible in an illusion for only an instant." Or something like that.

17 - Common Saber? - No idea about the description

何処にでもある形だが性能を見逃せない - "You see these all over the place, but you can't deny it's efficiency." I took a couple liberties with the translation. Weird, 何処 is the kanji for どこ.

18 - Steel Shortsword? (the first kanji word i can't make out the word) - No idea about the description as well

I'm stumped on that first kanji too. The description is 力を試す儀式などでよく用いられていた - "Was often used in things like ceremonies to test your strength."

19 - sashyu Sword? (need to think a bit what sashyu might be) - No idea here also.. something about a "difficult weapon"?

サッシュ is probably "sash". 性能の高さとは裏腹に扱いが困難な武器 - something like "in spite of its powerful abilities, a difficult to handle weapon."

That's all I have time for right now.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 16th, 2007 2:45 pm

Shaydwyrm wrote:

Because there's a ribbon attached, your abilities increase rapidly. (nothing about flying, despite the kanji).

ahh... with your explanation, i think i know why the "fly" kanji is there... more like for the word "soar"... "because of the ribbon, your abilities soar"

Shaydwyrm play games too!! you're more fluent with the games lingo i think. =D

Mimi Chan
New in Town

Postby Mimi Chan » October 16th, 2007 4:20 pm

Mimi cant believe you finish it!

Thank you very much!

Mimi thinks 34 is Garden Blade/Sabre/Sword?
36 - nya - meow in japanese so its likely be Kitty Sword/Blade/Sabre

Everyone is entitiled to double check the translation.

Mimi thinks you are having fun with these. Tell Mimi if you want the other weapons to be translated.

Oh, about the resolution thingy you can download the file so you can view it in its original image. (open the file with MS Paint)

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... ze&thumb=4

Would you like also for Mimi to post the corresponding picture of the sword? So it would be easier to translate, for example sword 36 actually looks like a cat paw shaped sword.

Shaydwyrm
Expert on Something

Postby Shaydwyrm » October 17th, 2007 12:46 am

Well, solved one of the mysteries - the フルーレ of グレイスフルーれ and バニティフルーレ means a foil, as in a fencing foil.

Mimi Chan
New in Town

Postby Mimi Chan » October 17th, 2007 1:28 am

Foil = fencing foil = rapier?

so sword 16 could be Vanity Rapier?

I'll check the sword 16 if it looks a rapier.

Nice find there.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 17th, 2007 2:32 am

sure if you would show where the description of the other weapons, i'll try my best to work out the list once i'm free from my work.

a picture of the weapon would be good too! coz that way, if the name of the weapon is unclear, it can be figured with a picture and perhaps part of the description.

Mimi Chan
New in Town

Postby Mimi Chan » October 17th, 2007 2:42 am

But first lets finish the list, the one with '*' are still incomplete

01 - Amateur Knife - For beginners to practice
02 - Needle Rapier - Though thin but stronger than expected
03 - Hard Dagger - Small, light, and hard. Effective as a sidearm
*04 - Grave Edge Gurei Puezu? (i sincerely don't know what this is) '
*05 - Iron Sword - Used by "some guy" (i don't know what the kanji means for this part)
06 - Synth Blade - Special-shaped, used by some clan
07 - Feather Knife - Made of feather, light but strong weapon (yasui - strong)
08 - Slice Saber - Low air resistance, distinctive design
*09 - LargeSaber - Really big blade. Heavy. Difficult? (Maybe difficult to use)
10 - Punishment Sword - Not easy to use, very heavy and bulky
*11 - Survival Sword - Strong weapon for adventurer?
12 - Elegant Knife - Elegant and expensive
13 - Ribbon Saber - Because there's a ribbon attached, your abilities increase rapidly
14 - Shell Sword - Within the complicated craftsmanship, you feel something glowing
15 - Dark Kunai (Kunai is a short sword but longer than a dagger) - Weapon for assassination
16 - Vanity Rapier - The item's mysterious form is visible in an illusion for only an instant
*17 - Common Saber? - You see these all over the place, but you can't deny it's efficiency.
*18 - Steel Shortsword? Was often used in things like ceremonies to test your strength
19 - Sash Sword - Inspite of it's powerful abilities, it's a difficult weapon to use
*20 - Gimmick Buster - kanji words too small... may be it's saying "has high healing capabilities" or "high regenerative abilities"
*21 - Return Knife - When used (or thrown perhaps) will return back (looks like a kitchen utencil)
*22 - Metal Staff (Iron or Steel Staff) - No idea abt the description
*23 - serebu Killer? (what's a serebu) - something about a pretty precious stone
24 - Double Snake Blade - Probably "full of evil from the maker"
*25 - Sprend? Splend? Sbrend? Sblend? Sword - No idea abt the description either
*26 - Excel Saber (it certainly reads like it.. heh) - Combination of weapon, decoration, and something else
*27 - High Blade - No idea abt the description
*28 - Regist Saber - No idea abt the description either
*29 - gu-re-i-su-fu-ru-re?
*30 - Rune Edge - No idea abt the description
*31 - su-re-zu-i-ru (need help on this) - the description looks like it means "full of evil and hatred and everything in between"
32 - Wise Edge - Either very damaging or very useless. I'm guessing the second part to mean "beautiful craftsmanship"
33 - Fang Saber - Big teeth weapon
*34 - Garden Knife? (need help) - strong plant (or maybe strong against plants or plant-type monsters) miracle life?
35 - Ninja Knife (the first kanji is the "nin" part for ninja, so i'm guessing "ninja knife") - flat blade sword, best for slicing (i think)
*36 - Kitty Buster (i wonder what nyan is) - need help for description
*37 - Chain Sword - No idea what the description is, but i suspect it might be something similar to that weapon featured in "Bleach".
*38 - Red "something" Knife (or Knife of Red "something") - need help for description
*39 - ka-su-te-i-ra (need help) - need help here too
*40 - Astral Edge - need help for description

Mimi will post the image after Mimi ripped it.
Last edited by Mimi Chan on October 17th, 2007 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 17th, 2007 3:34 am

Shaydwyrm wrote:グレーブエッジ -> "Grave Edge" maybe?

シンセ -> "synth" -> "synthesized" I think

The punishment sword "can't be carried easily", and あふれる means overflow, so it's also "a weapon of overflowing weight and thickness".

The last two kanji for the "Slice Saber" mean "conspicuous", so maybe the last bit means "distinctive design"?

It would be much easier if you had a slightly higher resolution image, some of the more complex kanji are difficult to make out.

06 - Synth Blade - Special-shaped, used by some clan
08 - Slice Saber - Low air resistance, distinctive design
10 - Punishment Sword - Not easy to use, very heavy and bulky

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”