a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

drama about japanese language

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

tanitayou
Been Around a Bit

drama about japanese language

Postby tanitayou » August 13th, 2010 8:46 am

For those interested in japan dramas and particular expressions of japanese this drama is currently airing on TBA.

the title is "NIHONJIN NO SHIRANAI NIHONGO". There are some interestig explanation about words and expressions that often also the native japanese speakers are not able to use properly.

Check on the site d-addicts.com. Hope this helps.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » August 13th, 2010 1:16 pm

Is it live action or anime? I saw a book with the same title that is presented through short manga stories. I was thinking of getting it, but maybe watching this will save me some money :)

Get 40% OFF
tanitayou
Been Around a Bit

Postby tanitayou » August 13th, 2010 3:03 pm

It is live action and the story comes from the manga by Hebizo and Umino Najiko.
On the site d- addicts you can download the episodes 1 to 4 before the drama is currently airing.
It's funny to see that the characters are students of Japanese living in Japan and trying to learn the correct language that sometimes the native speakers can't remember.
I hope you can enjoy yourself.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » August 16th, 2010 12:06 am

I personally suggest reading the manga - it's much better :lol: In the show they made the main character (the teacher) a gyaru type and gave her the biggest attitude :roll: I've only watched the first two episodes, though - maybe it gets better.
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

tanitayou
Been Around a Bit

Postby tanitayou » August 16th, 2010 10:21 am

Thank you, Jessisan, for suggestion. I' ll try to find the book and read it.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » September 6th, 2010 12:28 am

I love the show and have been downloading from d-addicts.com even after I've watched it on TV. They have both English and Japanese subtitles on the website so you can understand everything, and also practice reading Japanese.

After the episode about バイト敬語, I've been hearing more Japanese people using this when I go to certain stores. :)

Return to “General Japanese Culture”