Or sign up using Facebook

Japan's mail system

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

sxdgal
New in Town

Japan's mail system

Postby sxdgal » November 22nd, 2009 7:15 am

Hi all,
Recently my school arranged a Japanese exchange program with a Japanese school. At the end of the program, I exchanged email addresses with my buddy. It was only after he left for Japan that i realised that his phone(docomo service provider) would automatically reject emails from computers. I've recieved an email from him but i can't seem to reply. What should I do?

Hikaritennyo
Been Around a Bit

Postby Hikaritennyo » December 7th, 2009 7:21 am

This may be a little late, but what kind of email are you using? I have a Japanese friend and I have sent messages to her phone using gmail and yahoo. Maybe it blocks certain types? Or maybe her service is more inclusive? Hope this helps.
Beginning is easy
Continuing is hard

Get 40% OFF
mtpiper
Been Around a Bit

Postby mtpiper » January 28th, 2010 7:31 pm

I've never had problems emailing our friend on her docomo.ne.jp phone account. I've always emailed from gmail, and she even changed phones (and email addresses) several months ago and never a problem for me.

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » January 29th, 2010 1:00 am

I have had this problem, too. I sent a group email to several of my friends in Japan and most of them didn't receive it - and I got no warning to say that they didn't receive it. Maybe that's because I sent it to several addresses and it was picked up by a spam filter, but I think I've also had problems sending mails to other people if I haven't sent them one before - so I don't really understand the rules with which the phone companies filter emails. I sent an email to one of my wife's friends the other day to thank her for some wine and I don't know whether she received it or not because she hasn't replied (but I don't know her well enough to send another email to ask...).

Return to “General Japanese Culture”