a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Anybody using Juice podcatcher? I need help getting setup

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Anybody using Juice podcatcher? I need help getting setup

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 17th, 2007 8:47 am

Ok, I hate iTunes, so don't even go there. :?

I've tried GetRight's podcast downloader, and it works pretty fine, I guess, except for the "scheduler". I particularly want a scheduled download, to take advantage of a download break given by my ISP between 3 and 6 am local time. :x

OK, so I downloaded and installed Juice. I've done all I can see to set up the download. But every time I check, I get a "time out". It also doesn't pick up the podcast title. I know that there are 3 or 4 files with each "broadcast", and there's something in the doc about only picking up the first file? :roll:

Any hints would be appreciated!!! :D

宜しくお願いします!

Charley Garrett
Cusseta, Georgia, USA

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 17th, 2007 3:07 pm

i was googling the bug you mentioned abt juice podcatcher when i saw your name on their forum.. aahahah! i'm sure someone over there who's more proficient with juice will be able to help you on your query...

Join by May 6th
CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 17th, 2007 10:30 pm

But I was hoping to compare notes with someone who was already getting podcasts from this site using Juice. Hoping I guess that they'd learned the secret handshake along the way to getting their stuff to work.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 18th, 2007 6:16 am

if there isn't a diff between the juice for pc and the juice for mac, i'll try installing juice when i get home today and see if i hit the same problems as you.

i'm assuming here that you're using the pc version.

CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 18th, 2007 10:27 am

That's very kind. I am using the PC version. Pretty much anything I try to do with it timeout is the reply. The "support" forum appears to have issues that have been open without reply for years. I'm continuing to press on with getting GetRight's Podcast Downloader to work, and I've had the breakthru of getting it to automatically check (sheduled checking). Only I'd already grabbed all the available updates, so there wasn't actually anything there. If I get that working, then I won't need the answer to this question anymore.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 18th, 2007 3:08 pm

after i configured juice to check for jpod101 podcasts, it immediately scans for episodes and after a few seconds, i got this
http://jemstone.freeshell.org/temp/juice-screenshot.tiff

then i checked the first episode on top and set the scheduler to download on the next minute like this,
http://jemstone.freeshell.org/temp/juice-screenshot-scheduler.tiff

and it just downloaded that episode like magic.

does yours work the same way or like for the first screenshot you don't see the episode title?

CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 18th, 2007 10:22 pm

I never get the list of episodes, in which to check the box on. This is the link that I put into the URL field of the Feed Properties... http://www.japanesepod101.com/premium_feed/feed.xml

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 19th, 2007 1:06 am

ooh... i can't test the premium feed i think... i'm not a premium member... i used the one they posted on the site,
http://www.japanesepod101.com/feed.xml

edit:
maybe you could check with other premium members if they are experiencing similar problems?

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Postby ShiroiNeko » October 19th, 2007 10:03 am

I've been using Juice for all podcasts, first first for the free podcasts, then for my premium subscripton, and had no real issues with it. I have not used the scheduler, though - if you want do download on the spot, there is a better way.

Click on the feedname, and then wait for the episode list to update. Any new podcasts to download will be shown at the top of the list. I recommend scrolling through the entire list, to make sure that no 'casts I already have, have been re-triggered to download -- it has happened a few times.

Click on the blue button with the down arrow to trigger the download.

Another tip ....
If you move files out the download directory, Juice can sometimes play up.

Once a week, I copy all the files in the download folder, to another folder not used by Juice. I then go back to Juice, to "Cleanup" and delete all the downloaded files. I do not delete the library entries.
Hope this helps.

CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 19th, 2007 10:33 am

Thank you for your reply. :)

Unfortunately, I never get the list of episodes. I consistently "timeout"...I time out on everything I try with this tool. It's got to be something about my installation, or what's on my PC, because others don't seem to be in difficulty. The Juice support area has had a similar issue open for a long time, without any apparent reply on it. :(

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 20th, 2007 2:03 pm

maybe you could try uninstalling it, then reinstalling it. see if it helps.

or even cleaner, uninstall it, redownload it, install it.

CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 20th, 2007 9:02 pm

Well, at least I've uninstalled it. I may try it again, but I'm not hopeful. It really should do exactly the same thing, if I haven't changed whatever the other thing was that is breaking it. It's a shame they don't have better support over there.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 21st, 2007 1:47 pm

if you use the regular feed, do you get the same problem?
http://www.japanesepod101.com/feed.xml

CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 21st, 2007 6:59 pm

Hmm...that is not exactly the URL that I tried before, but it has been true of every other URL that I've tried. I'll give that one a try after I re-download the software. The one I remember trying was www.japanesepod101.com/basic_feed/feed.xml and it had the "no episodes found" "timeout" problem.

CharleyGarrett
Been Around a Bit

Postby CharleyGarrett » October 21st, 2007 7:32 pm

OK, re-downloaded, re-installed, the same with that URL as with the others.

Return to “Technical Support”