a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

buying souvenirs

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

digitaljo
Been Around a Bit

buying souvenirs

Postby digitaljo » October 2nd, 2006 7:32 pm

I think it would be a Survival Phrases episode on purchasing souvenirs and using credit cards. :D

The first time I purchased souvenirs at a store, the cashier asked me something in Japanese but I couldn't make it out. What realized is that the cashier asked me are these gifts for some one. Another time, a different cashier asked me if they were gifts, I said yes, then she said something else. So there was an akward silence for quite a bit, then I reverted to English. She asked, "How many souvenir bags would I like?" or was it "How would you like them seperated?" I forgot. :P
How would you ask if they have any souvenir bags or boxes or anything of the sort, if they didn't offer it in the first place? The anime/manga shops didn't offer bags to me. I'm guessing they think it's for my personal usage. Actually, they were all gifts I planned to give away.

Also someone posted a topic suggesting a lesson on credit cards. I wish I had this lesson. My story on this is I was purchasing more gifts at a store and they accepted credit cards. So the cashier actually held up a sign in English and Japanese asking if I would like to break the payment into two payments. I prefered one payment and she started the transaction. The cashier said something to me that I didn't quite understand. What happened was my card was denied. I found out from my card compnay that I have a limit of 300 USD a day since I was using my check card. (So you can probably guess minimum amount spent ) :oops:
Another story is I used my card at a different place, but it wouldn't process. asking my permission to call the credit card company, asking me to be patient, sorry for waiting, and all this other stuff to keep my business. :)

Regarding breaking down payments, at what limit to they start allowing the breaking down of the payments?

q_back
New in Town

Postby q_back » October 3rd, 2006 4:45 am

do you speak italian?:)
[size=0]Wrapping gifts 24-7
Bridal Shower Gift List[/size]
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”