A lesson about JapanesePod101

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

watermen
Expert on Something

A lesson about JapanesePod101

Postby watermen » January 11th, 2008 3:25 am

Ok, I got this idea from ChinesePod....

http://chinesepod.com/lessons/using-chi ... discussion

so may be we can have something like that???

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » January 11th, 2008 6:52 am

I hope they don't start copying ChinesePod :roll:

Is it just me or is ChinesePod really boring?

Get 40% OFF
maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » January 11th, 2008 12:51 pm

I don't find it as good as jPod, but my Chinese is much better than my Japanese. :D

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 11th, 2008 11:50 pm

Mina-sama! :wink:

I also want a lesson about JP101 history! I am a Chinesepod subscriber and it's not boring, it is just the lessons are too serious. :lol:

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » January 12th, 2008 12:33 am

kitty-chan wrote:I hope they don't start copying ChinesePod :roll:

It is not boring at all, certainly it is not copying...if something is good, we should learn from others...anyway Jpod101 idea came from Cpod, isn't it?

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » January 12th, 2008 2:12 am

对呀!我同意水男人们!

Yeah. I'm with Watermen!

I think it's only fitting since so much of Japanese was imported wholesale from Chinese that we should copy Chinesepod too.

因为那么多日语是从中文传来得,我们也应该模仿Chinesepod.

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » January 12th, 2008 3:59 pm

what kind of stuff would it cover?
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » January 12th, 2008 7:53 pm

markystar wrote:what kind of stuff would it cover?

May be a lesson on Jpod101 history...or maybe how the hosts get to know each other...their very first conversation...or maybe markystar get into Jpod101...what was your first conversation...I think this lessons will be very interesting, we can know more about the hosts...or may be some happy conversation between Jpod101 staff..

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » January 12th, 2008 8:32 pm

hahahaha, i remember when i met natsuko and sakura i was a bit starstruck. :lol:

ok, guys. this request is duly noted. and not impossible. let me run it by a few other people.
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » January 13th, 2008 3:00 am

Maybe we could get a "directors cut" version of the early lessons, with teachers and production teams commenting. A Beatles-style reunion with all the past 先生. :D :D

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » January 13th, 2008 5:00 am

lol. i just noticed this.
what can i say? we have some very loyal listeners. :lol:
truthfully, i've only listened to them 2-3 times. but i'm not trying to learn chinese, so i really have no say on the issue. but they're probably doing a good job.

on a more serious note,
i'm having a hard time envisioning what's interesting for you guys about the behind the scenes thing. so the more ideas you guys give me, the better pitch i can give to peter.

oh, btw, a few of your guys requested some stuff about japanese history. i've been trying to think about how to do it. and i think i came up with a few ideas for culture classes in 2008 based around a few famous movements or people in japanese history. are you guys still interested in that sort of thing?
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » January 13th, 2008 8:52 am

on a serious note

Maybe something about how a lesson is made. How does an idea about monkeys escaping get from someone's brain to a 9 minute podcast, a 1 minute movie, 2 pdfs and a premium learning centre?

I'm thinking something like this (it's probably not accurate, but you'll get the idea):

"Marky here. (Awwww yeah). How a lesson is made.

"I am the creative force behind most lessons. I write out a basic plotlines, and during our weekly creative meetings, I meet up with the other writers, Yuki and たろ to flesh them out. We send off a dozen different scenarios to the Research Department, who whittle them down to three or four. We revise, then send 2nd drafts to Research.

Assuming that 2nd drafts are approved by Research and no more revisions are suggested, copies are sent to our actors & educational department. Rehearsals go for about a months, understudies are trained, and lesson material is sent to 先生 that will be teaching the lessons. They make their own notes, and recording begins..."

I'm not so sure what format this might take (gritty documentary? Radio Play?) but the 内容* is something I'm interested in.

*forgot the English word.[/i]

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » January 13th, 2008 3:12 pm

maxiewawa wrote:I'm not so sure what format this might take (gritty documentary? Radio Play?) but the 内容* is something I'm interested in.

*forgot the English word.[/i]

would that be "contents"?
- まもる
くろくておおきくてかたくてひかててくさくてきみおなこえがあげるせぶつ。

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » January 13th, 2008 9:34 pm

Rather than just another lesson, you could take this idea to improve the About Us section of the site, that way it won't get lost in the sea of other lessons. A few things I think would be good:

- Audio (or maybe even VIDEO :shock:) introductions of the crew members (maybe even the voice actors too, to shed some light on the enigmatic Ushijima :lol:), talking about what role they have at jpod, how they got there, as well as some personal things like hometown (good to learn some place names), and interests or whatever they feel comfortable talking about.

- The Jpod chronicles: whose idea was it, how did it start up, what was it like at first, and how did it grow?

- The jpod workflow: from script writing to audio editing, the method to the madness. Maybe this could include some sort of pictorial on the different stages of production.

- The JAPANESE names for the Japanese crew members (useful for learning some kanji readings/referring to them properly).

- More pictures of Sakura. I don't know how that fits in, but I thought I'd put it in there :lol:

About Us generally represents a pretty half-assed, obligatory page, so it'd be good to see one that generally does give an insight, and attempts to connect with its audience.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 13th, 2008 10:41 pm

Javizy wrote:Rather than just another lesson, you could take this idea to improve the About Us section of the site, that way it won't get lost in the sea of other lessons. A few things I think would be good:

- Audio (or maybe even VIDEO :shock:) introductions of the crew members (maybe even the voice actors too, to shed some light on the enigmatic Ushijima :lol:), talking about what role they have at jpod, how they got there, as well as some personal things like hometown (good to learn some place names), and interests or whatever they feel comfortable talking about.

- The Jpod chronicles: whose idea was it, how did it start up, what was it like at first, and how did it grow?

- The jpod workflow: from script writing to audio editing, the method to the madness. Maybe this could include some sort of pictorial on the different stages of production.

- The JAPANESE names for the Japanese crew members (useful for learning some kanji readings/referring to them properly).

- More pictures of Sakura. I don't know how that fits in, but I thought I'd put it in there :lol:

About Us generally represents a pretty half-assed, obligatory page, so it'd be good to see one that generally does give an insight, and attempts to connect with its audience.

Javizy-san! :wink:

Being to famous affects and then get afraid you can ask Miki-san! :lol:
Ushijima-san is a true talent with out so much buzz but if she wants to share with us some tips then your so welcome. 8)

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”