a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Chat room

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

i_broke_down
Been Around a Bit

Chat room

Postby i_broke_down » December 27th, 2007 2:17 am

It would be nice to have a chat room to practice japanese writing in real time.

watermen
Expert on Something

Re: Chat room

Postby watermen » December 27th, 2007 8:48 am

i_broke_down wrote:It would be nice to have a chat room to practice japanese writing in real time.

I second that, add a chat room in this forum. Have a specific time where Peter, Natsuko, Sakura, Sachiko etc...can come online and have real time interaction with the members here. That will be fun and we can learn Japanese better.

May be some of the conversations between the hosts and members can be used to make into a lesson, why not, if it interesting?

Even better, we can make it more lively, real time voice chatting...?

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » December 29th, 2007 12:19 am

i_broke_down wrote:It would be nice to have a chat room to practice japanese writing in real time.

I third that too because I really would like to chat with all the JP101 crew/staff and give them all my ideas and what does it take to work for Innovative Language solutions. :D

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » December 29th, 2007 2:44 pm

Ulver_684 wrote:

I third that too because I really would like to chat with all the JP101 crew/staff and give them all my ideas and what does it take to work for Innovative Language solutions. :D

I know it's not on this site, but over at thejapanesepage.com, there is a chat.

Fair warning if you try to go to that site right now, you are likely to encounter various server errors, as they have outgrown their current server, and are in the process of moving to a new one.

This doesn't affect the chat, for the most part, although you do need to register on the site to access the chat. There is almost always someone in the Lounge.

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » January 3rd, 2008 2:55 pm

I hope I don't sound rude :wink: :wink: :wink:
But, I remember reading somewhere in the forum that the JP Crew is just a few people who work until their last train sometimes. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I would love to chat with them too, but I wouldn't want to slow down tomorrow's lesson. 8) 8) 8)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 4th, 2008 8:51 pm

kitty-chan wrote:I hope I don't sound rude :wink: :wink: :wink:
But, I remember reading somewhere in the forum that the JP Crew is just a few people who work until their last train sometimes. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I would love to chat with them too, but I wouldn't want to slow down tomorrow's lesson. 8) 8) 8)

Kitty-chan! :wink:

Thank you for your comment, your not being rude to the contrary it's a honor to have you here with us. :kokoro: :wink:

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Chat room - great idea

Postby ShiroiNeko » March 16th, 2008 1:54 am

kitty-chan wrote:I hope I don't sound rude :wink: :wink: :wink:

I certainly wouldn't expect the JP crew to be able to use the chat room often ...
..... but maybe on special occasions every now and again ???

But it would still be great to chat to other people -- and a great learning tool

Perhaps there could be several levels of chat difficulty ??

English only
Romajii only
Kata
and everything !!

the_haunted_boy
Been Around a Bit

Postby the_haunted_boy » March 16th, 2008 2:34 am

I actually think that a forum is just fine, maybe in my case I am also patient with waiting for replies. Also I am shy when on live internet chat.

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Postby ShiroiNeko » March 17th, 2008 7:17 am

the_haunted_boy wrote:I actually think that a forum is just fine, maybe in my case I am also patient with waiting for replies. Also I am shy when on live internet chat.

It also depends where in the world you are - for a less frequented timezone, sometimes you have to wait some time before you get a reply - either that, or my posts are boring :!:

Fierce cat :kitty:

Return to “Feature Requests”