a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

new vocabulary summary table

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Neil53
Been Around a Bit

new vocabulary summary table

Postby Neil53 » August 20th, 2007 4:54 pm

It would be helpful to have a table containing all the new words from all the lessons in a particular instructional level. This would really help to review new words from all the lessons without having to page through each lesson pdf.

tnagpal
New in Town

Lesson summaries

Postby tnagpal » October 26th, 2007 3:44 pm

The one thing I hate about the PDFs is frankly how much wasted space there is on them. Printing them each out is just hundreds of pages. It would be nice if every 10 lessons or so there was a summary printout with the vocab and grammar patterns.

In fact it would be nice to have review lessons periodically that involve no new vocab and no new grammer. Usually the review ones are cramming in more vocab so it is not like a true test of your ability to comprehend on the first time because you still have to navigate the new grammar.

Get 35% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Shaydwyrm
Expert on Something

Postby Shaydwyrm » October 27th, 2007 9:54 am

If you're having trouble managing your vocabulary reviews, I would suggest trying out a Spaced Repetition System (SRS). It's basically a flashcard program that schedules reviews of your cards for you at intervals designed to help you remember as much as possible with a minimum number of reviews. You can read more on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition

For Japanese vocabulary I highly recommend Anki. Since I started using it my vocabulary retention has increased enormously.

With all that said, it would be pretty sweet to incorporate an SRS into the learning center :mrgreen:

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » October 27th, 2007 3:58 pm

I think that grammar/vocabulary that has been covered previously should appear in the following lesson's dialogues as a means of review. If you read up on it originally, you should be able to spot it, and this way you have a new example sentence and less chance of forgetting it. This also avoids taking up time that could be spent introducing new vocabulary and grammar.

I mean, as long as it's appearing in the lesson, you don't need Peter to hold your hand through it. There's so much other stuff to learn, a lesson with nothing new would be a terrible waste.

Return to “Feature Requests”