Goi uses your existing knowledge to help you learn new words. Each person will be taken on their own unique path to learning vocabulary.
Goi also features a brand new way to study -- we call it Contextual Spacing. Instead of spacing reviews over time like traditional flashcard programs or SRS, we take advantage of relationships between words to help you learn them in context. Say you're learning the word "water". At first you might see it next to the word "ocean" -- this helps you learn it faster. As you learn it better though, you'll see it with less related words (like "laugh"!) to solidify your mastery.
For more details on Contextual Spacing and other features, check out our website.
Here are some more features of Goi:
- • No levels: intelligently customized to you on the fly
• Contextual Spacing: beyond SRS, we space both time and context
• Advanced learning algorithm: learn new words when they will stick best
• Passive and Active review: powerfully combined to take advantage of both
• Professionally recorded native audio
• Furigana hiding: test both meaning and reading, gradually
• Beautiful overview statistics: automatically check your progress as you study
• Detailed statistics: view and track your long term progress
• Built-in Japanese dictionary with over 8,000 JLPT words (and growing!)
• Personal word library: keep track of the words you know
For more information on what sets Goi apart check out Why we made Goi.
We just released Goi and are actively working to improve it. We would love to hear your feedback!