Or sign up using Facebook

Better for saving to computer?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

His_Royal_Mudge
New in Town

Better for saving to computer?

Postby His_Royal_Mudge » July 30th, 2008 7:36 am

Konnichiwa mina-san! ^^

Given the wealth of lessons here (good thing!) which is better for organising on a pc: by month (Jan, Feb, etc) or by lesson type (beginner, intermediate, etc)? I have read posts by those who work through the lessons by group type which is what made me think of this...

ChrisClarke
New in Town

Postby ChrisClarke » August 21st, 2008 2:41 am

I would say Lesson Type, with subfolders to organise them into seasons. I'm still on the Newbie lessons, but they seem to more or less build on each other or increase in difficulty as you go further into them.

Like so:

Newbie:
- Season 1
- Style You
- Style You and Beyond
- Season 4

Beginner
- Season 1
- Season 2
and so on

Get 40% OFF
markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » August 21st, 2008 1:14 pm

it's a massive endeavor, and it will take ages to complete, but...

going forward (especially after the new year), everything will be organized similar to that directly from the site, so you can access the stuff with the My Feed feature.

seasons will be clearly marked as 25 lessons and grouped as such. within seasons, if the lesson appears in a series, there will also be a way to organize by that. so

level, season: Lower Intermediate Season 3
series: How to Meet People Online
title: How to Meet People Online 1

level, season: Beginner Season 4
series: Nihongo Dojo: Meet the Parents
title: An Opportunity Arises.

in the beginning we didn't have a definition of what a season actually was. but now we've got one and hopefully can start organizing things better right from the start, so you don't have to do too much work yourself. 8)

but it'll take time. so this is just a spoiler. hehheheeh
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » August 21st, 2008 8:39 pm

Let me just say, Marky-- database admin to database admin-- that not very many other people can truly appreciate the amount of hell you've just signed yourself up for.

Respect! :D
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

paulp1988
New in Town

Postby paulp1988 » September 16th, 2008 1:45 pm

well, to start with i only done newbie, then beginner etc so i done it in a group stage, then one of the lessons started with the words 'This builds on what we have done throughout the week' and i didnt have a clue what the conversation was, so i changed to organising by date.

I have now changed back from date as i feel a bit more confident, but i have started to rename the files on my ipod, so for example i have 'beginner lesson 1', i now call it '(001) Beginner lesson 1 20/12/2005' so if i do miss something, i can just look through the other lessons for a date that was before the lesson i am listening to. Makes it a bit easier for me :)

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”