Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Erklaren Innovative Language Sites Faithful Members!^^

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

What other languages sites would you like Erklaren to release in the future?

Arabic
2%
Chinese
36%
French
7%
German
11%
Italian
9%
Jewish
9%
Portuguese
16%
Norwegian
11%

Total votes: 45

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Re: How about Irish?

Postby kc8ufv » January 14th, 2008 12:34 am

terrysimons wrote:I'd like to learn Irish... how about Irishpod101.com? ;)

I'll also throw in a second vote for the native american languages... I think Cherokee was mentioned, but I'll throw in Navajo (which sounds totally awesome and has an awesome history w/regards to WWII).

I'd probably pick Maumee or Ottawa, as that's this area.

RobertF
New in Town

Postby RobertF » January 16th, 2008 11:26 am

I'd pick ArabicPod101.com as the next site launch. Here's what aquarius89 said in another thread:
aquarius89 wrote:Hello, I have been listning to japanesepod101.com for over a year and it has been one of the best learning tools I have come across. I'm posting this here because I do not really know where else to put this. I have recently started studying arabic for my degree and i wanted to know that with the creation of spanishpod101.com and koreanpod101.com if there was any planning for a possible arabicpod101.com. Considering the lack of good arabic learning materials for the english speaker, I think that such a program would meet a very positive reception and tap into a very large market, especially given the rising interest that the US and the rest of the western world has in the Arabic Speaking World.
Keep up the awesome work, you guys are doing an amazing thing here.
ありがとう 御座います

It's also truly awesome that such an active international community has grown out of those early podcasts that had so much heart, enthusiasm and laughter that made me smile each day and want Peter and the gang to succeed. And that was before I saw how hard the JPod101 crew was working to build an interactive community on the website! Or heard how honestly amazed our JPod101 hosts were that the growing JPod101 community volunteered to write reviews or sent Peter his first PM. :lol:

Now, that's what sets JPod101 apart from the rest of the podcast pack and will make yet to be born sites like ArabicPod101.com successful and very very good.

Good Job! :D

Get 40% OFF
JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » January 16th, 2008 12:16 pm

It's fun that people wanna learn Swedish. It is really a fascinating language with a fascinating history. Lots of things are left even though they don't exist in the language anymore so they've become stand-alone expressions without any grammatical reason :P Its singing melody makes it the most beautiful scandinavian language ;)

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » January 16th, 2008 9:09 pm

Can we please call it what it is? It's Hebrew not Jewish, though the ties between the two are tight. At any rate, since there already is a ChiensePod (and Chinese learning materials are extremely easy to find online), I would vote for Hebrew or Arabic. It's easy to learn about their alphabets/holy texts online, but real conversational stuff is a rare find.

For Arabic, though, I did find this. Been meaning to study it at some point, looks very useful:
http://www.madinaharabic.com/index.htm
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

lolillo
Been Around a Bit

Postby lolillo » January 20th, 2008 7:10 pm

I would really vote for Farsi (Persian language).

the_haunted_boy
Been Around a Bit

Postby the_haunted_boy » May 28th, 2008 1:19 am

I would love to see Russian.

I also have a question, why are they all pop101 and the Korean one is the only one that says class101?

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » May 28th, 2008 1:23 am

russian is right around the corner, actually.

koreanclass101 is class because somebody bought koreanpod101 before us! :shock:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Coxinha
New in Town

Postby Coxinha » May 28th, 2008 10:58 pm

Can't wait till there's a brazilian portuguese pod101 XD

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » July 4th, 2008 11:25 pm

I would like to see Chinesepod101 has the next release! 8)

I have a question Does all the staff from all Pod101 sites are in Tokyo recording or are there recording in their respective countries?

On Chinesepod and all their pod sites I think all their staff is in Shanguai China recording so I though it was the same here but not sure. :shock: :?

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » July 5th, 2008 7:50 am

we record locally in the respective countries. it's important that the day-to-day culture comes through, not just the grammar. that's a big difference between cpod and us. that's also why we try to include dialectal variants too. :D
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » July 5th, 2008 8:29 am

markystar wrote:we record locally in the respective countries. it's important that the day-to-day culture comes through, not just the grammar. that's a big difference between cpod and us. that's also why we try to include dialectal variants too. :D

It's good to know everyone can get actual native speakers doing the language. We know the nuances of our native language more than someone who learned it as a second language.

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » July 5th, 2008 8:47 am

markystar wrote:we record locally in the respective countries. it's important that the day-to-day culture comes through, not just the grammar. that's a big difference between cpod and us. that's also why we try to include dialectal variants too. :D

If your lessons were recorded in my town, we couldn't learn about izakayas and maid cafes and host bars. I really love the authenticness of Jpod! 8) 8) 8)

seet
New in Town

Postby seet » July 17th, 2008 10:03 am

I would love a CzechPod101.com - there is no czech learning podcast in existence yet (or I haven't found it), and it would be really helpful!

(I know this thread is a bit ancient.)

cheers,
Seet

annalee
New in Town

Postby annalee » July 29th, 2008 1:43 am

^ I would also like a czechpod101.com. Actually, any is fine for me! :]
I was bored the other day so I went for a little investigating and I was wondering if any of these are future projects of the Pod101 series?:
http://chinesepod101.com/
http://hindipod101.com/
http://vietnamesepod101.com/
http://greekpod101.com/
XD Thanks!

Wasabi
New in Town

Postby Wasabi » December 26th, 2008 10:16 am

Cantonesepod101.com would be awesome.

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”