a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Your favorite Japanese food?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » June 1st, 2007 12:26 pm

私の好きな日本料理はたことうなぎとうにです。

My favorites are octopus, eel, and sea urchin.

yutakae
New in Town

Postby yutakae » June 7th, 2007 4:02 pm

The Frankensteiner wrote:
Jason wrote: I LOOOOOVE miso! <33333

You mean miso soup? Or is there some other kind of miso as well?
I really like the soup. It's much better home made as compared to the little instant packets though. Gyoza are awesome as well.

Hmmm, yeah Henna I'm not a fan of blue cheese either. Haha. I'm not sure if I'm brave

i know how to make a very nice soup and i know how to cook all japanese receipe

Get 40% OFF
yutakae
New in Town

Postby yutakae » June 7th, 2007 4:06 pm

MattTheCat wrote:
Outkast wrote:I can't remember the name for it, but I love the fried tako (octopus) balls.

Ilove takoyakie and i know how to make that

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » June 8th, 2007 8:01 pm

wolfmaster wrote:Yakitori all the way!! I remember eating at this small joint near Roppongi, it was SO GOOD!! I also love Ramen!!!

Wolfmaster-san! :wink:

I also LOVE Ramen and Korean Ramen too!! 8) :wink:

scotte
New in Town

Postby scotte » July 31st, 2007 6:46 am

My favortie Japanese food is tonkatsu.

Tonkatsu is a fried breaded pork cutlet. The typical set comes with rice, miso soup, and shredded cabbage. There are different sauces for the katsu and the cabbage.

You can pour the sauce directly onto the cutlet or you can mix together a few different ingedients in a small dish - similar in size to the small dish you get when eating sushi for your soy sauce. You can become a mixologist with the sauce, vinegar and mustard.

You can choose two types of pork - hire katsu or roast katsu. Sorry - I know I am butchering the spelling. Hire katsu is more lean while the roast katsu has some fat. More flavor but not everyone likes it. The guys in the office make the trip to the local shop at least once per week.

Peter
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Peter » July 31st, 2007 11:01 am

Japanese curry! カレーライス!Hayashi rice is also quite good! Although, it has kind of fallen out of favor.
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

metal_lloyd
New in Town

Postby metal_lloyd » July 31st, 2007 6:10 pm

I second Edamame. I have eaten it twice. First time with some algues and sesame seeds and served as a salad. The second time just boiled or steamed (they are also good just prepared like that). I read somewhere that boiled Edamame with a cold bottle of beer on a hot summer day is nice.

Of course sushi and yakitora are also my favorites.

Lloyd

Japtalian
New in Town

Postby Japtalian » August 28th, 2007 2:07 am

Pocky, deifnatly. And teriyaki chicken.
I can;t stand sushi and miso soup...I don't know why.

Tourne
New in Town

Re: Your favorite Japanese food?

Postby Tourne » September 21st, 2007 12:18 pm

It's tempura for me.

But, I love to try new and wierd stuff, so I'm always on the look out for something different on the menu whenever I go to a Japanese restaurant. So I guess you could say my favourite is "anything I haven't tried yet" :D

Amenat
New in Town

Postby Amenat » September 23rd, 2007 5:27 am

Let's see, my favorite food would probably be odango, I love Japanese sweets, daifuku is good too. Next is Gyoza, then Ramen, udon, and pocky. Maybe not in that order.
Dang I miss odango and obento's. T-T I want to go back to Japan.

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » September 23rd, 2007 10:39 pm

Amenat wrote:Next is Gyoza, then Ramen

I'm pretty sure those 2 are actually Chinese. :mrgreen:
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » September 24th, 2007 1:58 am

Jason wrote:
Amenat wrote:Next is Gyoza, then Ramen

I'm pretty sure those 2 are actually Chinese. :mrgreen:

Though, they are everywhere in Japan. But, definitely Chinese in origin.
I think someone earlier mentioned yakiniku.... which is actually Korean.

My favorite Japanese food is okonomiyaki... but, I think my favorite meal in Japan is Indian curry and naan. (Indian food is a lot different here in Japan than in the U.S./England/Malaysia)

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » September 26th, 2007 9:32 am

my favorite is 海老天婦羅 (ebi tenpura) but i'm quite picky with the way they prepare so i usually go around japanese restaurants in Singapore to try them out. So far, the better ones i've tried are from 和楽 (Waraku).

also i love 天婦羅うどん (tenpura udon). again i'm picky so i always tell them to separate the ebi from the bowl of udon soup. i'm not sure if that's how it is served in Japan, but in Singapore, so often they put them together and when it comes to me, the tenpura becomes soft. =(

7daytrial
Been Around a Bit

好きな食べ物

Postby 7daytrial » October 24th, 2007 4:36 am

うなぎが一番大好き!

markystar
Site Admin

food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby markystar » October 24th, 2007 12:44 pm

ohhhh, i have to get in on this one.

i'm a total ラーメンオタク!
(as a result, i've become a bit of a ramen snob as well, not sure if i'm proud of that or not, but once you start eating the good designer ramen, you can't go back to the mediocre stuff).

i think i'm gonna start a thread on this, good ramen is meant to be shared :kokoro:

in general, the food in tokyo is soooooo good. and the variety available is quite remarkable. i think only in NYC did i get so excited talking about restaurants.

my top 3 好きな食物 in japan are (in no particular order):
ナス味噌 (miso eggplant)
醤油と海苔の焼餅 (grilled mochi with seaweed and soy sauce)
笊そば or せいろそば (zaru soba, seiro soba) - i eat it probably 3-4 times a week!

i saw that indian food was mentioned...
i think the indian food in tokyo is really good! there is quite a large indian community in tokyo and as a result there are a good deal of indian restaurants throughout the city.
there's a lot of great yakiniku shops too. most of them are japanized (which isn't a bad thing), but you can also find quite authentic ones too! the jpod office is located in one of tokyo's many "korean towns." so we eat a lot of korean food together!
lastly, i think there is a lot of good thai food here too. and it runs the gamut from authentic to japanized. i usually judge a thai place according to how good it's tom yum kung is. there are 2 excellent places by my apartment, so i think i should learn how to say ご馳走様でした in vietnamese!

marky

ps. we need an emoticon of homer simpson drooling!!!
anyone got one? or can make one?
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”