Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

What's wrong with Japanese men/Western women are plain ugly?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 8th, 2007 3:56 am

untmdsprt wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:If you search Asian boyfriend, you'll find it so go for it now! Go out have fun, dress sexy, wear makeup, make sexy movies, touch your hair like your styling it out, etc and you will see immediatly results, I garantee it! :wink:

You will put an Asian guy nervous! :lol:

Umm, well dressed people always attract more people than ones wearing a T-shirt and jeans. A smile is always attractive too!!

Yeah your right specially the face. I really don't care what people wear! I'm not into fashion, what I see first when I'm interest in somebody is the Phisical Attractiveness. 8) :wink:

I know that what matters is the inside but I also care about who I'm going to kiss or touch so it doesn't get discusting. :P :twisted: :wink:

Sanosuke
New in Town

Postby Sanosuke » June 13th, 2007 4:36 pm

I've corresponded via e-mail for a while with a fellow who works in our Japanese office (he's Japanese..). Recently met him when he traveled to our corporate office in the US, we had never met in person or exchanged pictures.
He told me later (several times) that he thought I was very beautiful, and I'm about as stereotypical American looking as it gets...blonde hair, green eyes, slim build, etc.
So I think the statement that Japanese men think Western women are ugly is so not true, it must depend upon the guy.
Tokorode, he was totemo kakoii himself...haha. :)
So, now he is my nihongo no sensei, I'm his eigo no sensei. We've become very good friends and he is really one of the sweetest men I've met. The stereotype of the uptight Japanese businessman has been turned on it's ear and debunked. In my case anyhoo...
Anyone?

Join by May 6th
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » June 13th, 2007 11:08 pm

Sanosuke wrote:I've corresponded via e-mail for a while with a fellow who works in our Japanese office (he's Japanese..). Recently met him when he traveled to our corporate office in the US, we had never met in person or exchanged pictures.
He told me later (several times) that he thought I was very beautiful, and I'm about as stereotypical American looking as it gets...blonde hair, green eyes, slim build, etc.
So I think the statement that Japanese men think Western women are ugly is so not true, it must depend upon the guy.
So, now he is my nihongo no sensei, I'm his eigo no sensei. We've become very good friends and he is really one of the sweetest men I've met. The stereotype of the uptight Japanese businessman has been turned on it's ear and debunked. In my case anyhoo...
Anyone?

Sanosuke-san! :wink:

Everybody loves a happy ending! 8)

It's good to know that your story end it up good, good luck with your Japanese boyfriend! :P

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » June 14th, 2007 2:28 am

Sanosuke wrote:I've corresponded via e-mail for a while with a fellow who works in our Japanese office (he's Japanese..). Recently met him when he traveled to our corporate office in the US, we had never met in person or exchanged pictures.
Anyone?

I believe it totally depends on what someone is looking for, and in this case how much exposure has someone had with other cultures. I could learn all the customs like a Japanese woman, but I'm still American, and will still think as such.

Sanosuke
New in Town

Postby Sanosuke » June 14th, 2007 1:00 pm

untmdsprt wrote:I believe it totally depends on what someone is looking for, and in this case how much exposure has someone had with other cultures. I could learn all the customs like a Japanese woman, but I'm still American, and will still think as such.

Well, I have about as much chance of becoming Japanese as I do becoming Egyptian. My point being, I'll do my best to learn culture, language, etc., simply out of respect, however I'm always going to be American. That will never change. As we say in the software industry: WYSIWIG, What You See Is What You Get.
My Japanese buddy didn't subject me to a Japanese litmus test, nor did I expect him to have a broad knowledge of American habits, he's not been out of Tokyo much and I've never been to Japan. I speak some Japanese, he speaks some English..however the conversation never lagged...at all. I think kindness and patience are not unique to any culture and will go a long way.
In fact, learning about each others cultures was a great deal of fun...at least I thought so! I took him to an Italian restaurant, after a few glasses of wine he was summoning the waitress in Japanese..."Sumimasen!!" Kawaii....

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Re: What's wrong with Japanese men/Western women are plain u

Postby foxyshez » January 30th, 2008 9:31 am

My boyfriend is Japanese! and 2 of my female co-workers are seeing Japanese guys.

The usual answers to this question are:
Western girls think J men are too girly/feminine/pretty

Japanese men expect women to metaphorically wipe thier a+++s for them (true for some)

Most Japanese guys prefer Japanese women. They are quieter and more ladylike than us rowdy western girls.

most Western girls are "fat" by Japanese standards.

Most Japanese girls spend time looking pretty-a lot of western girls who live in Japan are backpackers or a bit geeky (so are the boys but its cool to have a foreign boyfriend)

Japanese guys are shy and so hard to meet.

More men are prepared to live in Japan forever (i made that 1 up but i think true)

Think thats pretty much it. . Generally i think western girls don't find Japanese men attractive most of the time.

josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » February 10th, 2008 11:10 pm

i have to agree with foxyshev on this one, except the second last line.
talking to some of my japanese mates, yes, they like japanese women who are not as strong-willed as western women (my sister for example :lol: )
however, many of them would like to trya western boyfriend much like western guy is to many high school girls there. to them a relationship with a a foreigner is much like a fashion accessory, and then generally when the female is in university, and then post-uni, they are not as interested in foreign guys as they were in their younger days.
although most japanese will refer to themselves as "we japanese" it's still pretty hard to stereotype all guys or girls the same, cos everyone is unique.
also yes, when a japanese girl is faced with a strong-willed woman, they will be shy and find the girl unapprachable because they will be intimidated, simply because it's an unknown quantity.
i have met a guy with a aussie girlfriend... buuuut ummm he was really... quite uniquely unusual... :lol:
so, to sum up in the words of my one of my best friends :arrow:
"i want a girlfriend who is not so strong, so i just want a japanese girlfriend"

'nuff said!
あなたの敵を許しなさい。だが、その名前は決して忘れるな

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Postby foxyshez » February 11th, 2008 3:07 am

haha yeah my bf is def not shy! but thats what most western girls think! so Japanese guys who want a western girlfriend you need to make the 1st move haha

josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » February 11th, 2008 1:37 pm

yeah, i think that the majority of western girls expect the guy to make the first move, and too right too! we've already got enough women who want to be men, and quite frankly i find feminists downright unattractive,
maybe that's why i like japanese women because, in my opinion, they are more feminine, so in that respect i agree with japanese guys not wanting a hot-headed woman. no offence to the western women here at all! :wink:

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Postby foxyshez » February 14th, 2008 12:36 pm

haha don't take this the wrong way, but they have to be because the men are feminine!

josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » February 14th, 2008 1:23 pm

はっはは
どこ住んでるの? what country do you live in foxy?

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Postby foxyshez » February 16th, 2008 6:49 am

josiah wrote:はっはは
どこ住んでるの? what country do you live in foxy?

Yokohama, Japan :)

josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » February 16th, 2008 1:13 pm

sorry, i meant where do u come from? :lol:

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » February 16th, 2008 1:16 pm

I wonder if I can I can pick up cute boys easily if I go to Japan. :rabu: :rabu: :rabu:

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Postby foxyshez » February 17th, 2008 3:56 am

josiah wrote:sorry, i meant where do u come from? :lol:

ah that would be the glorious Island of Engerlando! haha

Return to “General Japanese Culture”