a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

MSN & Skype

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

fufutw
New in Town

MSN & Skype

Postby fufutw » May 23rd, 2009 6:10 pm

I am wondering if Japanese don't like to use MSN or Skype so much, and think it is impolite to ask them if they have the account ?
Coz I have few Japanese penpals ( by e-mail ), after few times e-mail correspondence, I asked if they have MSN or Skype for fast communication,
I already had two experiences, after asking this question, I didn't get any reply , another one replied say she didn't want to be bothered by MSN then I replied it is ok to keep in touch by e-mail..but also did not get reply anymore.... :roll:
I do have Japanese friends use MSN tho.....

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » May 23rd, 2009 8:47 pm

Skype seems to be pretty popular in Japan. You can find some language exchange friends for chatting on Skype at sites like the mixxer. If you make your profile in Japanese, I can almost guarantee that someone will contact you within a couple of days, and, of course, you can browse the userlist and contact people yourself. I only started regular Skype chatting a little over a month ago, and it's really invigorated my studies. Even if your speaking skills aren't great, I'd definitely recommend giving it a go.
Get 35% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS

Return to “General Japanese Culture”