Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese people have a favorite country?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

sodapple
Established Presence

Japanese people have a favorite country?

Postby sodapple » August 8th, 2008 3:44 pm

みなさん:

8) Of course they love Japan. But, I wonder if they like another country, one they want to visit mote than other. And if is possible to answer in what place they have to Mexico, here we have beautiful beaches in Cancún, Quintana Roo.

:wink: ありがとう、またね!

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » August 9th, 2008 1:41 am

I don't want to alarm you, but the Japanese, like most people, are capable of individuality, and so their likes/dislikes, hobbies, criteria in choosing a partner, and so on differ accordingly. Attempting to create a set profile for an entire nation is pretty absurd. This is pretty shocking, but I heard that some Japanese don't even like sushi. Think about that.

Join by May 6th
Hiroko
Been Around a Bit

Interesting

Postby Hiroko » August 9th, 2008 7:47 am

Like Javizy san said, everyone regardless of where one's from has different likes and dislikes about everything. Also understand what sodapple san's asking.
Most likely not many Japanese wants to go where there is no signs in English/Japanese....many tours are made for Japanese to go to Europe, US, Australia, and Korea. A lot of females love going to France for some reason.....and actually quite few people study French for that purpose.
Now that gas price is skyrocketing, many people just stay in Japan.
Personally I prefer the places where not many people go....at least not touristy place. :wink:

stuu
Been Around a Bit

Postby stuu » August 9th, 2008 8:51 am

meh...
Last edited by stuu on September 2nd, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » August 9th, 2008 1:40 pm

stuu wrote:
Javizy wrote:I don't want to alarm you, but the Japanese, like most people, are capable of individuality, and so their likes/dislikes, hobbies, criteria in choosing a partner, and so on differ accordingly. Attempting to create a set profile for an entire nation is pretty absurd. This is pretty shocking, but I heard that some Japanese don't even like sushi. Think about that.

Why so patronising? It's just an innocent question about favourite tourist destinations.

That was a bit over the top, I guess. 'Common tourist destinations' doesn't seem as bad.

QuackingShoe
Expert on Something

Postby QuackingShoe » August 9th, 2008 2:18 pm

Particularly as he's not a native English speaker and may not know the most diplomatic way to ask his questions. Something people here should perhaps be able to sympathize with.

As for the OP question I don't have anything to add except that I hear about Japanese going to Canada to study English pretty consistently.

WalterWills
Expert on Something

Postby WalterWills » August 9th, 2008 5:31 pm

Judging from what I read on Mixi, I think the USA, Canada, England, France, and Switzerland are the most popular destinations.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » August 23rd, 2008 10:23 pm

WalterWills wrote:Judging from what I read on Mixi, I think the USA, Canada, England, France, and Switzerland are the most popular destinations.

Walter Wills-san! :wink:

You forgot to mention Australia is also a popular country among Japanese! :P

WalterWills
Expert on Something

Postby WalterWills » August 24th, 2008 10:16 am

Oh yeah, how could I have missed that out!

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » August 29th, 2008 7:36 pm

On my trips to Japan, the pen pals I met in person told me they wanted to visit Canada, and that they were very interested in the scenery. I don't know if that's because they were actually interested or were just being nice by pretending to show some interest in my country.

On related note, I did get asked a lot why I was interested in Japan. Most found it quite peculiar.
お茶漬け海苔

loki
New in Town

Postby loki » November 12th, 2008 9:25 am

What about Italy...?

Here in Rome we have really a lot of japanese tourist! :wink:

I read also the posts above... Swisserland?!?!?! O_o

Return to “General Japanese Culture”