I wouldn't recommend
No votes

Total votes: 4

olliecapehorn
New in Town

Brand new website

Postby olliecapehorn » July 7th, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey,

I was wondering if you could help me a little with a site which I am in the process of making to pool all of the great Japanese resources that are out there on the web at the moment. It's called http://www.japaneseportal.co.uk and it's free to use.

Would you mind sparing a couple of minutes to check it out and let me know what you make of it? It's still in very early stages so all feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Ollie

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » July 8th, 2009 11:40 am

For some reason it ran so slow that it was unusable on my computer. Maybe you could add links to the categories across the top?

Get 40% OFF
olliecapehorn
New in Town

Postby olliecapehorn » July 8th, 2009 12:52 pm

Taurus wrote:For some reason it ran so slow that it was unusable on my computer. Maybe you could add links to the categories across the top?

Speed is something I need to look at. Hopefully if it becomes popular I can afford to upgrade the server to make it quicker. Can I ask, are you on a broadband connection?

I have tried the site with links along the top but it looked even more cluttered. If I add more categories in the future it's something I'll look at.

Cheers though - do you find the websites useful?

O

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » July 8th, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm on broadband, yep. It's not really the page loading speed, though - it's that the page is slow to scroll on my laptop.

Also, I'm looking at it on a widescreen monitor, which is why I thought the links at the top or down the side might work.

As for the sites, yep, they seem useful - I like the look of the Furiganiser. There are a lot more resources that you could add, though. You could add Minna no Nihongo and the Kanzen Complete Master series to the books section, for example.

olliecapehorn
New in Town

Postby olliecapehorn » July 8th, 2009 3:54 pm

Taurus wrote:I'm on broadband, yep. It's not really the page loading speed, though - it's that the page is slow to scroll on my laptop.

Also, I'm looking at it on a widescreen monitor, which is why I thought the links at the top or down the side might work.

As for the sites, yep, they seem useful - I like the look of the Furiganiser. There are a lot more resources that you could add, though. You could add Minna no Nihongo and the Kanzen Complete Master series to the books section, for example.

OK, thanks for the idea. I'll bear it in mind when I do the next re-design.

I haven't listed books that I haven't tried, used and really like so they are genuine recommendations. However, if you'd be willing to write a few words, of similar length to my other reviews I'd be happy to post links up there if you think they're worthwhile books to have.

Thanks a lot

O

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”