a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

New Subscriber

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Tirroth
Been Around a Bit

New Subscriber

Postby Tirroth » June 3rd, 2009 3:30 am

Hello everyone. Just subscribed and thought I would introduce myself. I've been following this site for several months and thought it was time to give it a go!

I've been studing Japanese now for around 6 months. Nothing hardcore, but steadly and at a slow pace. I would like to increase my studies so that I can meet several goals with in the next 2 years.

I got interested in Japanese culture when I saw my first anime, Robotech which in Japan was known as Macross and had nothing to do with the story we saw here in the states. Then I was shipped to Japan while I was in the military. I LOVED it!

The military schedule and things I had going on at the time didn't give me much chance to explore Japan or learn any of the language at that time. Since my one year visit my interest in Japanese culture has increased ten fold.

I'm learning Japanes now for several reasons. Anime and Manga would be so much better in its native language and things get lost in the translation. I also watch a lot of japanese Drama's, my favorite is Rescue right now. Last but not least is I would eventually like to move there to live, its a dream me and my wife both share. If nothing else at least vacation there.

I hope to make a few friends on the forums and have some meanful conversations on this great language! Its nice to meet you all.

Tirr

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » June 3rd, 2009 8:22 pm

Welcome aboard, mate! If you're anything like me, you'll find that once you've caught the bug of learning Japanese, there's absolutely no chance of finding a cure. :lol:

At any rate, you've chosen a great place to study Japanese, as both the learning site and this forum are so full of resources that most commonly encountered challenges have been covered already. Even still, should you get stuck somewhere, there are also many knowledgeable members (notably Javizy, QuackingShoe, Belton, and hachi, among others) who are always quick on the draw to help people out. Again, welcome to the forums and have fun studying Japanese!

がんばってください
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF
Tirroth
Been Around a Bit

Postby Tirroth » June 4th, 2009 2:17 am

Thanks for the welcome. I'm excited and I know I'll have questions.....mainly about reading, I find that the hardest part. I'll go slow and work my way forward. :)

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”