being an exchange student and working in japan in the future

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jettyke
New in Town

being an exchange student and working in japan in the future

Postby jettyke » October 27th, 2008 12:47 pm

Hello,

I am 16 years old
and think I want to be an architect and i want to live and work in Japan in the future. This year i am graduating from a 4-year hobby art school and will get a certificate.

I think that living in japan for a year as an exchange student will give me bonus points when entering a university but sadly it is not possible as all seats in my country are full and the year after the next i am too old for that,

but i have a possibility to go to china as an exchange student, I have been to China and it does interest me much but not even near Japan.

What do you think, will living in china for a year take my thoughts too much away from studying in Japanese university and studying japanese, and will it be much harder for me to get into a japanese university if I havent been an exchange student? or will it be hard for me to find work in Japan as an architect or maybe even someone else?

any comments are apprecciated,

Thank you very much

jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby jkid » October 28th, 2008 1:29 pm

jettyke-san,
Being an exchange student is an advantage for getting into Japanese University only because living here will allow you to improve your Japanese. This is important because high proficiency in Japanese is required for entry into nearly all Japanese universities, this is the benefit related to university entry.

The university itself will not care at all if you have been an exchange student previously or not. All they worry about is if you can understand the content of the courses in which you are enrolled.

Aside from that being an exchange student here will help you decide if you want to live here long term in the future.
Last edited by jkid on October 31st, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get 40% OFF
jettyke
New in Town

Postby jettyke » October 31st, 2008 9:04 am

jkid wrote:jettyke-san,
jettyke-san,
Being an exchange student is an advantage for getting into Japanese University only because living here will allow you to improve your Japanese. This is important because high proficiency in Japanese is required for entry into nearly all Japanese universities, this is the benefit related to university entry.

The university itself will not care at all if you have been an exchange student previously or not. All they worry about is if you can understand the content of the courses in which you are enrolled.

Aside from that being an exchange student here will help you decide if you want to live here long term in the future.
[/quote]

thanks, i think i understand much better now :D

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”