Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Find out your Japanese name.

Learn more about the community and how they are learning Japanese and about Japan. Do a little listener-to-listener chit chat. Keep it civil, and everything else goes.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderator Team

eperez142
New in Town
Posts: 5
Joined: October 13th, 2006 2:15 pm

Postby eperez142 » March 7th, 2007 1:08 pm

遠藤 Endoh (distant wisteria) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean)

It sounds nifty

JonB
Expert on Something
Posts: 302
Joined: December 20th, 2006 11:35 am
Location: 東京

h'mmmm

Postby JonB » March 9th, 2007 4:15 pm

I take umbridge I think!

石丸 Ishimaru (round stone) 健太 Kenta (healthy and plump)

There was another site somewhere that would attempt to translate based on meaning of your name rather than a translation lookup. Obviously works best with old bible names

JonB

Get 35% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something
Posts: 869
Joined: July 20th, 2006 3:31 am
Location: ニューヨーク
Contact:

Re: About My Japanase Name!

Postby Ulver_684 » March 25th, 2007 4:19 am

laughinghyena21 wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:Thank you for the link laughinghyena21-san! :wink:

Now I know how my name looks and is in Japanese! 8) :D

saindi

サインディ


Anytime. Please call me Chansu.

LaughingHyena is a Video Game Company I am working on.


My Japanese name was wrong! :twisted:

This is my true Japanese name! 8) :wink:

Shindi
Last edited by Ulver_684 on April 7th, 2007 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

AdmiralAK
Been Around a Bit
Posts: 17
Joined: December 21st, 2006 4:16 am
Contact:

Postby AdmiralAK » March 26th, 2007 1:33 am

I get two different ones:
1. If I just type my name I get:
秋本 Akimoto (autumn book) 拓海 Takumi (open sea)

2. If I translate it from the greek I get:
石丸 Ishimaru (round stone) 聖人 Masato (sacred person)

#2 is more of a translation of my greek name :p
-----------------------------------------
Club-Admiralty
Copyright 1996-Present
http://www.club-admiralty.com

kronken
New in Town
Posts: 4
Joined: March 26th, 2007 6:04 am

Postby kronken » March 26th, 2007 6:40 am

lol...funny

i got
石丸 Ishimaru (round stone) 陸 Riku (land)

really wonder how it came up with that :shock:

AdmiralAK
Been Around a Bit
Posts: 17
Joined: December 21st, 2006 4:16 am
Contact:

Postby AdmiralAK » March 26th, 2007 9:59 am

kronken wrote:lol...funny

i got
石丸 Ishimaru (round stone) 陸 Riku (land)

really wonder how it came up with that :shock:


It's very zen :wink:
-----------------------------------------

Club-Admiralty

Copyright 1996-Present

http://www.club-admiralty.com

Cryptnotic
New in Town
Posts: 1
Joined: April 1st, 2007 3:24 pm

I have a feeling these are random.

Postby Cryptnotic » April 1st, 2007 3:40 pm

I left it on female names for this test.

asdf asdf: 浜野 Hamano (seaside field) 天音 Amane (sound of heaven)
lol rofl: 長谷川 Hasegawa (long valley river) 久美子 Kumiko (eternal beautiful child)

It does produce the same output if you give it the same input. However, you can input nonsense and it will make up something for it.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something
Posts: 869
Joined: July 20th, 2006 3:31 am
Location: ニューヨーク
Contact:

Re: I have a feeling these are random.

Postby Ulver_684 » April 7th, 2007 4:53 am

Cryptnotic wrote:I left it on female names for this test.

asdf asdf: 浜野 Hamano (seaside field) 天音 Amane (sound of heaven)
lol rofl: 長谷川 Hasegawa (long valley river) 久美子 Kumiko (eternal beautiful child)

It does produce the same output if you give it the same input. However, you can input nonsense and it will make up something for it.


ummm sounds very interest *takes a deep breaf*! :wink:

how about eternal beautiful girl instead of child ehhh! 8) :wink:

untmdsprt
Expert on Something
Posts: 774
Joined: May 15th, 2006 7:06 am
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact:

Postby untmdsprt » May 11th, 2007 8:53 am

Godlesswanderer wrote:中村 Nakamura (center of the village) 誠 Makoto (sincerity)

Link for translating names into Katakana (Also has romaji and hiragana equivalents)



Doesn't work for my name. :cry:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something
Posts: 869
Joined: July 20th, 2006 3:31 am
Location: ニューヨーク
Contact:

Postby Ulver_684 » May 12th, 2007 7:22 am

untmdsprt wrote:
Godlesswanderer wrote:中村 Nakamura (center of the village) 誠 Makoto (sincerity)

Link for translating names into Katakana (Also has romaji and hiragana equivalents)



Doesn't work for my name. :cry:


Calm down untmdsprt-san! :( :cry: What's your name? Why didn't it work out? feel free to share us your errors! :P :wink:

kc8ufv
Expert on Something
Posts: 183
Joined: December 19th, 2006 6:03 am
Location: Toledo, OH, USA ・アメリカのオハョ州のトリド

Postby kc8ufv » May 29th, 2007 12:56 pm

The first link came up with this:
?? Chiba (thousand feathers) 駿 Shun (fast person)

I guess I'm supposed to fly fast, or something.

The other one came up with クリストファ ハット
Not too far off what I came up with on my own - クリストファーハート

My guess at the best transliteration of my surname is still in progress, though. (I am fairly certain that the transliteration of my given name is as accurate as it gets, I have been told my many sources that what I have printed above is the standard for my first name)

Thomean
New in Town
Posts: 3
Joined: May 4th, 2007 4:38 am

Postby Thomean » June 5th, 2007 2:28 am

My name: Fujiwara (wisteria fields) Kaito (big dipper of the ocean)

untmdsprt
Expert on Something
Posts: 774
Joined: May 15th, 2006 7:06 am
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact:

Postby untmdsprt » June 28th, 2007 11:14 am

Ulver_684 wrote:
untmdsprt wrote:
Godlesswanderer wrote:中村 Nakamura (center of the village) 誠 Makoto (sincerity)

Link for translating names into Katakana (Also has romaji and hiragana equivalents)



Doesn't work for my name. :cry:


Calm down untmdsprt-san! :( :cry: What's your name? Why didn't it work out? feel free to share us your errors! :P :wink:



My name is ジェニー. The translate name never gave me that. It kept giving me ゼンイ。:x

The other link gave me this: 山田 Yamada (mountain field) 歩 Ayumi (walk, deeper meaning: walk your own way)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something
Posts: 869
Joined: July 20th, 2006 3:31 am
Location: ニューヨーク
Contact:

Postby Ulver_684 » June 29th, 2007 4:15 am

untmdsprt wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:
untmdsprt wrote:
Godlesswanderer wrote:中村 Nakamura (center of the village) 誠 Makoto (sincerity)

Link for translating names into Katakana (Also has romaji and hiragana equivalents)



Doesn't work for my name. :cry:


Calm down untmdsprt-san! :( :cry: What's your name? Why didn't it work out? feel free to share us your errors! :P :wink:



My name is ジェニー. The translate name never gave me that. It kept giving me ゼンイ。:x

The other link gave me this: 山田 Yamada (mountain field) 歩 Ayumi (walk, deeper meaning: walk your own way)


ジェニー :wink:

It's looks nice mine is シンディー 8)

Tourne
New in Town
Posts: 14
Joined: August 19th, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Köln, Germany

Re: Find out your Japanese name.

Postby Tourne » September 18th, 2007 9:08 pm

山下 Yamashita (under the mountain) 大輝 Taiki (large radiance)

Cool. javascript:emoticon(':)')
Smile

Tourne


Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”