a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Bit Torrent Download to SanDisk e250r Rapsody

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Honchosan
New in Town

Postby Honchosan » December 26th, 2006 3:36 am

I have finally aquired a SanDisk e250r MP3--My present problem is two-fold: #1: I know that the instructions call for initially downloading a bit torrent client on the computer; I went to the recommended site and find that there is two items, to wit: "Get uTorrent 1.6 Standalone (170kB), and Get uTorrent 1.6 Installation Program (597kB)...Which to download ?? Both ??
#2. Once I have downloaded the bit torrent client file I really don't know where to,or how to start in order to download the torrent files of the Beginners Lessons and associated information. The e250r will answer a raft of problems IF and WHEN I can download the lessons. Reviewing the lessons at the computer is limited for me, because of the time element,and being able to carry the JPOD101 lessons with me will be a godsend. To those that may answer, please keep in mind that I am not a computer guru, quite the contrary. As such I will appreciate clear, simple (as they can be) suggestions and instructions. Thanks very much.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: Bit Torrent Download to SanDisk e250r Rapsody

Postby Bueller_007 » December 26th, 2006 3:44 am

Honchosan wrote:I have finally aquired a SanDisk e250r MP3--My present problem is two-fold: #1: I know that the instructions call for initially downloading a bit torrent client on the computer; I went to the recommended site and find that there is two items, to wit: "Get uTorrent 1.6 Standalone (170kB), and Get uTorrent 1.6 Installation Program (597kB)...Which to download ?? Both ??
#2. Once I have downloaded the bit torrent client file I really don't know where to,or how to start in order to download the torrent files of the Beginners Lessons and associated information. The e250r will answer a raft of problems IF and WHEN I can download the lessons. Reviewing the lessons at the computer is limited for me, because of the time element,and being able to carry the JPOD101 lessons with me will be a godsend. To those that may answer, please keep in mind that I am not a computer guru, quite the contrary. As such I will appreciate clear, simple (as they can be) suggestions and instructions. Thanks very much.

Standalone program and the other one are basically the same, the difference being, as the name suggests, that the larger of the two files has an "installer" program that you can use to install the program automatically. With the standalone file, you will have to install the program manually, although I doubt that involves much more than downloading the file and putting it where you want on your hard disk.

As a novice, your better choice is the larger file: the one with the automatic installer program. You don't need to download both.

After you have installed this program (the "Bittorrent client"), downloading lessons is simply a matter of going to jPod's download center and clicking on the link to the torrent file that you want. That should open your client, and download of lessons should begin. After they have been downloaded, you copy them over to your SanDisk the Samsung equivalent of iPod's iTunes (whatever program that may be.)

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Honchosan
New in Town

Postby Honchosan » December 26th, 2006 5:39 pm

Bueller_007-San

Many thanks for the rapid reply..I'll give it a go, sounds as though even I can handle it.
I am now curious along another line....I have seen other posts by you in other forums also I believe. Your signature stands out ! While I can read the Katakana, I cannot interpret its meaning, likely I am mis-pronouncing the character combinations. Will you kindly interpret your signature for me ?

どもうありがとございます、 ほんちょさn (フロイド) 

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: Bit Torrent Download to SanDisk e250r Rapsody

Postby Bueller_007 » December 27th, 2006 2:11 am

Honchosan wrote:Bueller_007-San

Many thanks for the rapid reply..I'll give it a go, sounds as though even I can handle it.
I am now curious along another line....I have seen other posts by you in other forums also I believe. Your signature stands out ! While I can read the Katakana, I cannot interpret its meaning, likely I am mis-pronouncing the character combinations. Will you kindly interpret your signature for me ?

どもうありがとございます、 ほんちょさn (フロイド) 

Haha. Yeah...

It's a line from a crazy old Japanese song called "スーダラ節" that drunken middle-aged salarymen like to sing at karaoke.

To the best of my knowledge, it has no meaning. It's just like a Japanese version of Frank Sinatra's "doo-be-doo-be-doo" or something.

Return to “Technical Support”