a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

login boxes at the top keep showing up

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

metablue
Expert on Something

login boxes at the top keep showing up

Postby metablue » April 27th, 2006 3:50 am

When I first log in, the top bar with "JapanesePod101.com" has my name on it. But once it gets refreshed, it always has the login bar telling me to log in, even in the same session. Sometimes I have to log in again to post, other times I don't. It's slightly annoying.

Laura

BTW, I'm a programmer and mostly it's annoying when people report trivial things about code I write that is 99% beautiful, but sometimes it's useful. So I'm posting about this, but it's not a big deal. The site is more than 99% beautiful.

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » April 28th, 2006 1:56 pm

Laura, thanks for reporting this issue to us. This is definitely not the intended behavior :roll: Sorry abut this.

I am having a hard time re-producing the problem locally. Can you send me an email at explaining the exact steps that you're taking? Also, what browswer / OS are you using?

Thank you again for your help. I am sure we'll get to the bottom of this !

Get 40% OFF
Christeos_Pir
New in Town

Postby Christeos_Pir » April 28th, 2006 2:42 pm

Sounds like her session caching or cookies are turned off?

metablue
Expert on Something

Postby metablue » April 29th, 2006 2:25 am

No, they're on. I have lots of jp101 cookies, and I haven't found a setting for session caching in the browser, but I haven't had problems anywhere else.

It seemed to get a lot better in the last few days - I thought you changed something. I'll track down the steps to reproduce it and send an email.

L

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » April 29th, 2006 3:01 am

Laura, thanks for tracking down the steps and sending me the email. I emailed you back with further clarification. I guess we can say that the issue is solved and that you figured it out on your own :lol:

Return to “Technical Support”