Or sign up using Facebook

Podcasts have echo/stuttering on iPad 1G with IOS 5.1

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

rational
New in Town

Podcasts have echo/stuttering on iPad 1G with IOS 5.1

Postby rational » November 15th, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi,
I upgraded my Ipad 1st generation 64gb to ios 5.1 and reimported some japanesepod101 podcasts and they sound kinda slow and like there is an echo/stuttering. Any idea why? Is this related to ios 5? Is it a hidden speed setting somewhere? It isn't affecting my music files within the "Music" app, only the podcasts. And I've confirmed it is affecting all of your podcasts, both new and old.

Thanks.

Edit: Found some info online. People are finding that the new "Music" app in ios 5 has LOST a bunch of functionality like the ability to change speed of the podcast playback from 1/2, to 2x. So your podcasts are playing at 1/2 speed and this causes the echo sound.

Lots of unhappy Apple upgraders like me right now.
Temporary fix seems to be to download an app called 'SpeedUp Player Pro'. It does fix the issue for me for now. But I wanted to use Apples actual app as the new interface is nice!

Jpod101, please send a message to Apple saying you're not happy about this loss of functionality to help push them along. I'm one customer affected and your podcasts are un-listenable until fixed.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/question ... -music-app

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » November 16th, 2011 5:58 pm

I can't even play half of my music library on my iPod Touch 4G.
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Technical Support”