Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

New Flashcards 2.3 (please post all bugs/issues here)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

books3863
Been Around a Bit

Postby books3863 » October 12th, 2011 10:50 pm

All decks set to 0% . stats all totally wrong now . Bit of a stupid situation this , flash cards work for a few days then get they get broken again seem to have been waiting for months for the flash cards to get fixed . Main reason I upgraded my subscription was for the flash cards so it is very annoying . :(

metatek
New in Town

0% Mastered?

Postby metatek » October 13th, 2011 4:14 am

All decks set to 0% . stats all totally wrong now . Bit of a stupid situation this , flash cards work for a few days then get they get broken again seem to have been waiting for months for the flash cards to get fixed . Main reason I upgraded my subscription was for the flash cards so it is very annoying .

Same here. I hope the data hasn't gone missing... :?

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » October 13th, 2011 5:50 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting!
Our tech team has looked into it, and apparently there is only an issue with the way the top Deck view is displaying (where it shows 0%). If you go inside a deck (Edit Deck), you will see your real progress. We're working on a fix for where it is showing 0%. We apologize for the inconvenience and the scare :(
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Jessi

Postby Jessi » October 13th, 2011 6:27 am

Hello again,
I'd also like to post another update that the spaced repition system is fully working now, meaning that the cards will properly "mature" and that the intervals between reviews will get larger as they should. We are working on an FAQ that will address common questions about the spaced repetition system (such as "Why does my flashcard deck show Done already? etc.)
Please let us know if you notice any more issues :ue:
Thank you!!
Last edited by Jessi on October 14th, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

books3863
Been Around a Bit

Postby books3863 » October 13th, 2011 10:51 pm

Well I've just gone to a lesson hit vocablay flashcards to create a deck gone though that deck several times hitting easy for most cards , go to edit and every thing reads as 0% . Old decks seem to be updating Ok

Jessi

Postby Jessi » October 14th, 2011 9:06 am

Hi again books,

I had the tech team take a look at your account, and apparently it was due to the fact that the new deck you created was actually the same as another one you had made and deleted before. This created an issue where the progress is not being shown. Thank you for telling us about this though, you discovered a bug that they are now working on fixing. :)

I'm sorry for the ongoing issues, everyone - My Flashcards have been in Beta for awhile but still continue to be in Beta, so there are still things to work out. But as I mentioned earlier, the spaced repetition system is working as it should - we are working on putting together an FAQ and a better UI that will answer questions that a lot of users have about using the flashcards and the spaced repetition system. I'd just like to let everyone know that we are keeping track of all issues, and working hard behind the scenes to create a better experience for you. よろしくお願いします。 :ue:

verhoenic
New in Town

Postby verhoenic » October 18th, 2011 7:55 am

Hey! Thanks for the work you do.
So just to be clear, is there a way to avoid the constant "done" message while trying to study any decks?
What is the "space repetition" thing?

Thanks

Nico

Jessi

Postby Jessi » October 18th, 2011 9:13 am

Hi verhoenic,
To see the explanation about spaced repetition, please click on the How to Use Flashcards link on the MyFlashcards page, and then click Learn More under Spaced Repetition.

I'm afraid it's not explained very well on the site, but having a deck display Done is actually part of the spaced repetition system that the new flashcards use (it means that there are no cards due for review). Your deck will be available for review again in the near future, but if you want to study more right away, here are some steps you can take:
- Raise the Cards per Session and New Cards per Session limits in settings
- Add new cards to the deck
- Build new decks
We'll be implementing a feature that notifies when a deck is due for review again soon (rather than just saying Done :) ), and are working on a new interface that will make the spaced repetition system easier to understand.
Thank you!!

verhoenic
New in Town

Postby verhoenic » October 18th, 2011 9:17 am

Got it! Thanks for your answer.
Keep up the good work. :D

Jayne
New in Town

Postby Jayne » October 23rd, 2011 4:04 am

I'm still having issues with the flashcards. My 2 new decks don't seem to be updating. The decks are closing and the web page refreshes during a study session. That is REALLY annoying. The merge decks function doesn't work, and even if I put the card limit to 50, I'm only getting 15 or so cards a session. The playing the sound for a word when you turn the card is a nice idea, but it is too slow and when I tried to turn it off, it is still playing.

I would love these to work properly as I'm finding them very useful.

Jayne

Jessi

Postby Jessi » October 24th, 2011 3:31 am

Hi Jayne,

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you are having.
Could you let us know what browser/OS you are using? You could also open up this page in your browser and enter in our email to send your system information details:
http://supportdetails.com/ (If you enter in , we will get an email that will tell us the details of your computer setup so we can try and figure out the issues).

Thank you for your patience.

Jayne
New in Town

Postby Jayne » October 24th, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks for the response. I've emailed the browser and OS to you.
Also, is the "report bad flashcards" function working, as I have reported a few which have the wrong romanji, but they have yet to be corrected.

Jayne

chris666
Been Around a Bit

Done!

Postby chris666 » October 25th, 2011 7:00 am

Hi Jessi,

currently I'm studying about one lesson per day. For each lesson a new deck is created. So I'm having more than a dozen of decks right now. Quite a lot of them have the status "Done". It is really a pain to walk through all the decks to find the nes, which are not "done".

I think there should be a visual marker on each deck that tells me, where I have items to study, without the need to open the deck.

For me even better would be not to have separate decks but just one.

Regards
Christoph

books3863
Been Around a Bit

Postby books3863 » November 1st, 2011 12:16 am

Pretty impressive update :ue: - looking and working great :D
Only thing that still doesn't work for me is the "join to other deck" not much of an issue but would be useful . :D

metatek
New in Town

Not loading in Chrome

Postby metatek » November 1st, 2011 5:30 am

Hi,

When trying to use the flashcards today, they did not load at all. I am using Google Chrome 15.0.874.106 via Mac OS X 10.7.2. Flash version 11.0.1.

It works fine in Firefox 8 Beta.

Thanks!

Return to “Technical Support”