Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

New Flashcards 2.3 (please post all bugs/issues here)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Balsa1
New in Town

Postby Balsa1 » August 31st, 2011 7:58 am

this is what I get when I want to work with my decks

An uncaught error was raised: "You're trying to decode and invalid JSON String: <!DOCTYPE html><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<title>Flashcards</title><link href="/css/global.css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" ><meta

name="viewport"

content="width=300; user-scalable=no" etc etc... :(

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » August 31st, 2011 6:23 pm

I try to add words this way:

I tag any new words in my Word Bank with my "New" tag.

I already had a flashcard deck built with all my "New" words in it.

I click on the "New" flashcard deck and choose edit > add new words > My Word Bank > "New"

It will show all the words I currently have in the deck and No Elements will appear in the next box along the top navigation. There is no way to add any new words.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
irush
New in Town

Postby irush » August 31st, 2011 9:18 pm

Yes, duplicates do show up, this is only when adding through the "Add Core XXX to My Flashcards" link in the core word page (using the "Create New Deck" link and selecting all words works fine (except the missing kana...)). It happens at least on core 100, 200, 600 and 900 (haven't tested the rest).

In the core 200 list it seems that only タコ, 暖かい and 涼しい appear once, the rest are doubled.
In the core 600 list, one translation for "jogging" is ジョギング, while the second is "Ik voel me misselijk." which (according to google) is the wrong translation to the wrong language... :)

Hope this helps.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » September 1st, 2011 8:35 am

Thank you everyone! The extra details really help. Please try to include as much information as you can when reporting problems, it will help us fix them much faster :)

All of the issues above have been reported.

KingDog, you mentioned you tag new words in your WB with a "new" tag, but from where are you adding those words? It seems that if you add words from the Word Dictionary to your WB, for example, they won't show up in the Deck Manager under flashcards. So I was wondering where you were getting the new words from :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

lu8970
New in Town

Flashcard problem

Postby lu8970 » September 1st, 2011 6:20 pm

The problem is still there. I tried on both Firefox and IE. Is there a fix for this? It's pretty bad to have this problem.

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » September 1st, 2011 6:25 pm

Jessi - Yes I'm adding words from the Word Dictionary with Audio to my Word Bank.

books3863
Been Around a Bit

Postby books3863 » September 1st, 2011 10:29 pm

Core 100 words only has 3 test options and two of those seem to have become swapped around , have to choose English to get Japanese on the front of the card .

Balsa1
New in Town

Postby Balsa1 » September 2nd, 2011 7:02 am

here's the entire error message I get each time the page loads a flashcard (using Firefox or Camino or Safari on a Mac)

An uncaught error was raised: "You're trying to decode and invalid JSON String: <!DOCTYPE html><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<title>Flashcards</title><link href="/css/global.css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" ><meta

name="viewport"

content="width=300; user-scalable=no"

/>

</head>

<body>

<div id="title"><b>Flashcards server</b></div>

<div id="content"><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta
http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8"
/>
<title>Zend Framework Default Application</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>An error occurred</h1>
<h2>Application error</h2>

</body>
</html>
</div>

</body>

</html>

". Use Firebug or Webkit console for additional details.

Jessi

Postby Jessi » September 8th, 2011 12:32 am

Hello everyone,

The issue with adding the CWL has been identified, and will be fixed in v2.1. The issue with words added to My Wordbank from the Word Dictionary not showing up in the Deck manager is still being worked on - I'll see if I can get an update on that.

Balsa, are you still running into the same error? We weren't able to identify the cause yet, so if you are still having trouble, would you mind opening this page, and sending a copy to me at jessi AT innovativelanguage.com?
http://supportdetails.com/
This page gathers info about the system you are using, which helps our tech team troubleshoot and narrow down problems faster :)

Thank you! :ue:
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Jessi

Postby Jessi » September 9th, 2011 12:20 am

Balsa, please ignore the message above - I've been informed that the problem has been fixed. Please let me know if it is working now :)

kterry103978
New in Town

Postby kterry103978 » September 23rd, 2011 2:54 am

I can't load word bank into flashcards. Old decks no longer appear. Can't create a new deck either. Please help.

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » September 23rd, 2011 3:11 am

Can't really use the cards until more randomness is worked in, also. It keeps quizzing on the same words over and over.

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » September 26th, 2011 4:45 pm

Also, why do the majority of words I add from the Word Dictionary with Audio to my Word Bank don't show up with attached audio?

For example I can search for the word ぶんぽうin the Audio Dictionary and it will have the audio sample with it. When I add it to my Word Bank it will no longer have an audio sample attached to the word. This also makes it so that the flashcards will not have any audio attached to that word.

chris666
Been Around a Bit

Progress counters lost

Postby chris666 » October 12th, 2011 7:43 am

Spaced repetition only makes sense if the system keeps track on the progress. But I noticed that the progress counters are updated only occasionally. Even worse - today all my decks are reset to 0%. Still no fun after all these months.

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » October 12th, 2011 2:54 pm

You're right Chris. Due to the glacial support I've decided to not renew my subscriptions. Sad really.

Return to “Technical Support”