Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Flashcards completely and utterly broken!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

kotatsu
New in Town

Flashcards completely and utterly broken!

Postby kotatsu » June 4th, 2011 8:10 am

Hi guys I use My Word Bank flashcards a lot, or at least I used to, until they completely broke. I use the flashcards at japanesepod101.com/reference/flashcards , and always on iOS (iPhone 4). Trouble is, they've been unreliable lately and have often been broken for days at a time. This happened when you rolled out the new style flashcards. They're currently broken now on my iPhone (and I've tried clearing cache/history/cookies), but bizarrely they do work on my iPad, as well as on my PC in Chrome and Firefox.

I've also tried the new flash cards but have zero idea how to make them work. I click 'add all words to my flashcards' in My Word Bank, but then it takes me to the flashcards beta screen and it's added nothing at all. If I click 'make a new deck' it just gives me a what looks to be a random list of words which I have to add one at a time?!! This is all on PC, on iOS the whole area is almost completely broken.

So please guys can I just have the old my word bank flashcards back and working? They were fine, the only improvement could have been to stop using flash for the audio (HTML 5 please) and automatically reformat the pages to look better on a small screen device. I thought Peter was a big Apple fan so it's disappointing the site is actually getting less compatible with iOS, not more.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 7th, 2011 12:53 am

Hi kotatsu,
Thank you for posting - I have passed on your message to our tech team working on the flashcards. The new flashcards are still in beta mode, and we are currently in the process of working out all of the bugs, including the issues you have mentioned. Thank you for your patience :ue:
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Technical Support”