Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

myfeed on itunes constantly asking for password

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

DonnaS26037
New in Town

Postby DonnaS26037 » June 19th, 2011 11:31 pm

New to downloading podcasts, I have a premium account that I just signed up for. Firstly I am using the latest version of iTunes, and using Windows 7. When I added the podcast, and I think it was the free feed, I got 1 episode. I also am constantly asked for my password....it says that you the server is requiring this information, (and is warning me that the logon information is passed nonsecurely). However even if I add this information I still have exactly 1 episode. I have not tried downloading the podcasts one-by-one.

In addition when I go into the My Feed page to choose which podcasts I am interested in, I can click various choices, fill in the name of the feed, and choose a itunes or juice feed URL but next time I go into the screen all the information is gone. How does the feed know what I want to download even if I could get it to work?

I don't have an ipod, iphone or any apple device. I am not familiar with any other podcatchers. Although I have an internet radio with a podcast program called (imaginatively) Podcast Player. I even tried to access on this device the mediafly stream/podcast, but only one episode will download/play whatever is happening. How do I download more than one episode?

I have only a one month subscription, when the month is up if I have not figured this out, I won't be renewing.

Thank you (though it does seem that technical support response is not very good).

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 20th, 2011 12:03 am

Hello Donna,
In iTunes, when you are looking at the list of episodes (in your case, you only see one, is that correct?) please try right-clicking, and then clicking on "Show All Available Episodes". Since you are a Premium member, you should see a long list of all of our podcasts (which may take a moment to load).
Please let me know if this works for you :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
DonnaS26037
New in Town

Postby DonnaS26037 » June 21st, 2011 11:06 pm

Thank you very much I think I figured out iTunes now. OK, I did say I was new to podcasting. I did what you said but I didn't see any change at first, but finally I double-clicked on the icon to see the list of downloadable episodes I had chosen. I was able to download a few episodes, and only had to put in my password when it timed out or at least only now and then.

I'll probably have other questions as I move along to actually trying to use the podcasts I downloaded, but thank you so far for the help.

tristanlane075823
New in Town

Postby tristanlane075823 » June 23rd, 2011 1:07 am

I am also getting the password request in iTunes multiple times. It seems to be random however. This happens regardless if I check the Remember box.

Since I'm on Windows 7, I thought I would configure the Credential Manager with the username and password but still asks me for the password.

Return to “Technical Support”