Or sign up using Facebook

Found 2 mp3's that won't play

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

bgx90
New in Town

Found 2 mp3's that won't play

Postby bgx90 » December 15th, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello,

I am writing to report two mp3 problems I have found while downloading lessons from the website.

The first mp3 with a problem is Lower Intermediate Season 4, Lesson 25. It will not play on my media player of choice (VLC). It will play on Windows Media Player. I determined that this behavior is due to some sort of problem with the file's ID3 tag and was able to fix it with a tagging utility, but you might want to fix the file on your server since not everyone uses Windows Media Player.

The second, more serious problem is the mp3 for Lower Intermediate Season 5, Lesson 16. It will not play at all on any mp3 player I have and appears to be "broken". When trying to open it, Windows Media Player gives the following error: "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior." If I choose to try to play the file anyway, it does not play. I have tried re-downloading the file again several times with Firefox and Internet Explorer, but the file still doesn't work. If someone would please fix this problem, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

bgx90
New in Town

Postby bgx90 » December 16th, 2010 8:29 pm

I tried downloading the files listed in my previous post and both are working fine now. I guess the problems have been fixed. Interestingly, I noticed that the Lower Intermediate Season 4 Lesson 25 mp3 is now larger than the one I had downloaded and fixed (~12MB vs ~9MB) even though both files contained the same material. I wonder what the difference is. Anyway, thanks for the fix.
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Technical Support”