a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Do the feeds work on the ipad?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Nika07
New in Town

Do the feeds work on the ipad?

Postby Nika07 » September 7th, 2010 2:59 am

Is it possible to get the basic/premium feeds to run on an ipad? If so please let me know how!!!

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » September 8th, 2010 6:24 am

As a podcast or do you mean the PDFs?

The iPad is like a big iPod and you have to sync everything to your computer first. As far as the PDFs go, DON'T upgrade to iTunes v10 but keep v9.2.1. Get iBooks and then you can then read the PDFs on your iPad.

As far as getting the feeds directly to your iPad, I doubt you can do so.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
psz01
Been Around a Bit

Postby psz01 » October 3rd, 2010 1:09 pm

Doesn't the iPad have WiFi? If so, you should be able to use a PodCatcher (I would imagine one is built in?) to grab the feed via WiFi...

I don't have any of the iOS devices (My last iPod was the old 2GB, non-video slim model), so I can't be 100% how it will work

JoelOwens
New in Town

iTunes PDF files to iBooks for iPad

Postby JoelOwens » February 16th, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi everyone. Upgraded from iPod to iPad last weekend.
I just installed iBooks app this morning, how do I get my PDF files from my JapanesePod101 Basic feed to show up in my iBooks app on the pad?
Sorry if this is dumb, the iPad is a different creature than the iPod in some ways.

Thanks in advance!
~joel

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » February 17th, 2011 1:22 am

Hi Joel,
Here is answer I got from our tech team:
While there's no way to do it automatically, you can do it manually. Just take any PDFs and drag them into the Books section in the left pane in iTunes. Then as long as it's set to sync books and you sync, the PDFs should sync to the device and show up in iBooks.

Unfortunately, there's no way that I know of to automatically add new PDFs to the books section like if they're downloaded with one of the feeds. You have to drag the new files in manually after they're downloaded.

I hope this helps! :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

JoelOwens
New in Town

Viewing PDFs in iBooks.

Postby JoelOwens » March 5th, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi everyone. Ok, I got it to work on iBooks but thought I'd better share what I discovered here in the forum.
I'm running iTunes under Windows XP, so this may only apply under this OS.

If you open the directory for the podcast in iTunes and try to drag the PDFs over to iBooks, it won't work.
I guess iTunes knows the files are already inside the iTunes dir structure, so it gives the "not allowed" red circle with line icon.
So what I ended up doing is copying all the PDF files into a directory in My Documents which I created called "JpodPDFs".
Then go into that directory and select all the PDFs to copy (Ctrl-a), then drag them over to the iBooks selection in iTunes.
It works great and you can then read along, zoom in and so forth while you're listening to the podcast audio file.

iBooks is good for any PDFs, so it's not necessary to get a separate reader than iBooks from Apple, and it's a free app.

Ok, that's it for now. Best wishes, everyone!

Return to “Technical Support”