Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kanji Stroke Orders Failing to Load.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

laemus
Been Around a Bit

Postby laemus » September 27th, 2010 5:55 pm

Thanks for the tip-top customer service, guys!

And thanks for the utter waste of years of coming to the site, studying hard, and being really happy to see a *finally!* decent Kanji stroke order system - only to have it fall on its ass repeatedly, and being lied to in regards to its functional status time and time again.

I appreciated that, for a time, it was a beta thing. It wasn't going to be perfect, and would have a hiccup or two.

I've had enough of this shambolic level of technical support, and the bullshit, and the thing simply falling apart.

I'll be taking my money elsewhere in December.

pastel
New in Town

Kanji Stroke Orders

Postby pastel » September 28th, 2010 4:53 am

Hm. I use the Yamasa Online Kanji Dictionary. It includes the stroke order of a kanji in an animated .GIF image, along with a picture of how it looks with the standard computer font, and how it looks when hand-written. I find it very reliable. There are various methods to search up a kanji on the website. (You can search by kanji, by a certain English word, etc.)

The link: http://www.yamasa.cc/ocjs/kanjidic.nsf/ ... 3?OpenForm

Or, you could simply Google "yamasa online dictionary", and the same website will appear.

Good luck!

Get your free gifts of the month
laemus
Been Around a Bit

Postby laemus » October 13th, 2010 3:58 pm

Well, now they've just went and gotten rid of it entirely.

It's ridiculous that they had the most functional stroke orders system I've seen around, and then they just go throw it away.

Thanks for nothing.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » October 14th, 2010 12:42 am

Laemus-san,
The learnkanji link stopped working in the process of switching the site over to the new design - it was not intentionally removed. The technical team is aware of the issue and they are working on restoring it. :ue:
Last edited by Jessi on October 14th, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » October 14th, 2010 12:42 am

We'll be bringing back the Kanji Stroke Order beta feature back up shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”