Or sign up using Facebook

Inconsistent artist name (and cover art) in mp3 ID3 tags

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Pjacock5805
New in Town

Inconsistent artist name (and cover art) in mp3 ID3 tags

Postby Pjacock5805 » January 24th, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi,

Under the 7 day trial, I download a selection of the back content to play on my iPod touch. I've noticed that the artist name capitalisation (or capitalization for anyone searching with the USA spelling) is inconsistent. :(

As a result, so far I see two separate artists: JapanesePod101.com (which seems nice) and Japanesepod101.Com (lower case pod, upper case Com - which looks silly). This is annoying and makes browsing to find the next lesson confusing - and it isn't just the Apple software that pays attention to the artist case. My favourite music player on Linux also does this.

Could someone please go back over the back-catalogue to fix the artist ID3 tags?

Could you also check the album tags? There seems to be some inconsistency here, e.g. "Newbie" vs "Newbie Lesson". And the track names - some seem to include the series name and number, others don't.

While you are at it, lots of the old audio files lack cover art embedded in the ID3 tags. This is a cosmetic issue but it also looks unprofessional. If you are going to fix this, I think it would be even better to have different art for Newbies, Beginners, Intermediate etc - perhaps even include the series number on the cover too? This would make browsing the back catalogue on an mp3 player much slicker (on an iPod touch, iPhone, etc or computer).

[Am I being fussy? Maybe - but fixing little things like this would make JapanesePod101.com even better I think]

The lyrics support looks great by the way (tap the cover art on the iPod touch/iPhone in portrait mode to see it :)

Thanks,

Peter

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 28th, 2010 1:13 am

Pjacock5805さん,
Thank you for posting!
I have passed on your feedback to those on our team who take care of the tagging. We're always looking for ways to improve our products, so this really helps!!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!
Get 45% OFF

Return to “Technical Support”