a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

unable to authenticate for MyFeed

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Green Airplane
New in Town

unable to authenticate for MyFeed

Postby Green Airplane » February 14th, 2009 11:04 pm

Hello, I've seen the vid about MyFeed and decided to try a podcast aggregator. First I tried Juice, but it doesn't work on Vista, so I did some googling and decided to try Miro. I've made a custom feed (which obviously implies that I have a premium subscription, just to avoid this question) here it is
http://www.japanesepod101.com/premium_f ... ediate.xml
When I open it in Miro, I am prompted for username and password, I input the jpod101 login and password as instructed by the vid. It doesn't work. I'm asked for password over and over again until I get the 'failed' message. Now before you suggest I turn off the caps lock, I've double checked my login and pw against the ones stored in my firefox (which I use to log in all the time and they work). I've also tried typing my pw in notepad (so I could see what I'm typing) and copypasting it in the pw field. I will just add that I'm an IT student, so I consider myself capable of inputting the correct login and password.
Since the feed generated for aggregators other than iTunes is actually an xml file accessible via http, it can be accessed directly with a web browser. I've tried this with firefox, the result is the same - I'm being prompted to log in over and over again, which implies incorrect username or password. Therefore I believe this is not an issue of the aggregator software I'm using.
Has anyone had the same issue? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the lengthy post. In my experience, describing the problem in detail eliminates redundant questions and advices, and speeds up the whole process.

MagicToaster
New in Town

Postby MagicToaster » May 8th, 2009 6:14 pm

I have the same problem with i-tunes , i read old posts about this , they said that sometimes its because there is a space in your user name i sent an email to and asked them to change my user name , I havnt got a reply yet but I hope it works.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
tori_ningen_fan
New in Town

Postby tori_ningen_fan » May 20th, 2009 5:21 pm

Same problem here! Huge pain! Why does everything have to be iTunes only?

Drabant
Been Around a Bit

Postby Drabant » May 20th, 2009 7:01 pm

What version of Vista are you running? Juice works fine for me on 32-bit Vista.

Bocmei
New in Town

Postby Bocmei » May 29th, 2009 6:48 pm

I am having the same authentication problem too. I just signed up yesterday and i'm using vista. I didn't seem to have a problem downloading when I was using the 7 day trial period just now. :cry:

rednails82
New in Town

Postby rednails82 » July 26th, 2009 9:04 pm

Yeppers I am having the same problem if I use Firefox or Safari. Do we all have spaces in our user names that is causing this problem? I know I have a space in my username.

rednails82
New in Town

Postby rednails82 » July 26th, 2009 9:10 pm

Sorry... I needed to re-phrase what I had said earlier..... when I use the premium feed in Safari or FireFox I still get the same results in itunes. It will not authenticate reguardless.

Maybe what MagicToaster is saying could be the problem. But do we all have spaces in our user name that we cant authenticated in itunes? I know I have a space in my user name. Do you?

rednails82
New in Town

Postby rednails82 » September 14th, 2009 12:42 am

MagicToaster wrote:I have the same problem with i-tunes , i read old posts about this , they said that sometimes its because there is a space in your user name i sent an email to and asked them to change my user name , I havnt got a reply yet but I hope it works.

Its true... I found out that iTunes will not recognize user names that have a space in it. Best thing to do is email . Tell them the problem. I even gave them the a new user name I wanted to use and I got a quick response back with the problem solved. One word of warning though... if you do start to download the feed... it will take a while. Be patient cuz its all worth it!

Mojito
New in Town

Leave plenty of room

Postby Mojito » November 3rd, 2009 9:38 pm

because it is 12 GB in size as of Nov 2009. :)

aeriph4183
New in Town

Same problem but no space in user name

Postby aeriph4183 » August 4th, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm having the exact problem described above, but I don't have a space in my user name. Any idea what else could cause this?

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » August 4th, 2010 3:41 pm

aeriph4183,
The username and password are also case-sensitive. So when entering them in iTunes, please be sure you are entering them in the same way you entered them when you registered. If you are still having trouble, please contact support at , they will be happy to assist you further.
Thanks,
Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”