a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Problems

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Culling
New in Town

Problems

Postby Culling » December 17th, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi, I'm doing the 7 day trail right now and I really like some of the things I can do here. I think I might sign up, but I would like a little info about some problems I've been having.

I want to copy Japanese out of the PDFs, but I can't. It just comes out as boxes. The thing is, I have a MAC. A Japanese MAC at that. I updated my adobe and still nothing, just boxes.

Secondly, I was trying to download a PDF, but the site was going really slow (or my connection) and it wouldn't start. After trying about 7 times, all of my PDFs downloads expired before I could download it at all. I had already used three just browsing the site before I knew what I was doing, sadly wasted as well. I had to make a new account so I could get even see the only pdf I wanted to see. How about once you download a file or look at it, you can do so over and over without it adding up.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but anyway. I was working on unit 51....it was about getting a haircut and I was sort of ondokuing the dialogue, and become more familiar with it, but I found three mistakes in it. Yes three. There is a line about a perm that just isn't there, and the speaker uses の方 more often than is written. Does this happen often? I realize it may not seem like a big problem but if I'm trying to read along with the mp3 at actual speed and I can't see everything is says, well, it makes my task even tougher.

Although that sounds really negative, I really do like the site.

Thanks a lot.

cwabbott
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby cwabbott » December 17th, 2008 5:57 pm

Hello Culling,

We are really glad you decided to join our community, and that you posted a comment in our forum. Let me quickly address a few of your concerns:

Can you try copying the Japanese from one of the newer lessons? Try going here:
http://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php

And find the newest lesson's lesson notes, open them and copy out the Japanese. Unfortunately, our older lessons do not currently support copy / paste of Japanese text from the PDFs.

I'll edit your download counter to allow you access to 7 more PDFs since you had an issue with the connection.

Feel free to email us at if you have any other issues, questions, or comments - and be sure to include your account username when you do so.

Charles
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin, The Seekers

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Culling
New in Town

Thanks

Postby Culling » December 18th, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks a lot for you quick response.

Don't worry about the 7 lessons, I think I still have 9 left on this one. I remade my account so I could reset it.

Ok, in the meantime, Ill just have to type stuff out from the older lessons.

Thanks a lot.

Return to “Technical Support”