Or sign up using Facebook

Something wrong with my aggregator?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

DaemonForce
Been Around a Bit

Something wrong with my aggregator?

Postby DaemonForce » April 7th, 2008 3:55 pm

Hey.

I listen to everything coming from these media feeds on my Creative Zen. I like how this place takes note of how important ID3 tags happen to be on MP3s since it's the way my stuff is organized from the player. I've noticed there's been a drastic renaming of files between mid-2007 and my current subscription. I've been using the older filenames to properly organize a playlist for JapanesePod101 material in chronological order. I don't want to skip over anything or miss something that might be critical later on.

The point being: I've been using ZENCast Organizer this entire time. Somewhere as of last month, I've noticed the automatic renaming of files in the feeds as soon as I finished grabbing the 2007 materials.

Problem: Somewhere in mid-2006, feeds with main and additional audio have been trying to merge as I download them at the same time. This means that I'll be downloading one lesson in the feed and one of three things happen:
I download just the main audio and ###_XX###_MMDDYY_jpod101.mp3completes. I attempt to download the additional audio and it marks instantly completed with the filename of the main audio.
I download all releveant materials to lesson ### and I get one big mess of an MP3.
I download some additional audio first and only get that audio. The rest mark themselves complete.

These issues don't just fall upon audio.

........=/

I have been trying to get this problem to go away by using older versions of ZENcast since that's what I've been using yesteryear when I wanted to preserve solid filenames. Problem is, that isn't working anymore. The feed style must have changed entirely. Since I haven't found a fix yet, I've been manually downloading the materials from the lessons page. I don't like messing with this because even though I'm looking at the main list that has all the listed materials, some things are missing like extra lessons and video. I've been digging through PDFs and I've already found one that won't work(287_A8).

Is there really something wrong on the server end, or am I just running in circles with a bad aggregator?
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Technical Support”