a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

"My feed " question

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

プチクレア
Established Presence

"My feed " question

Postby プチクレア » March 21st, 2008 3:04 pm

Can you have multiple feeds for the same podcast in iTunes ?

Basically, I have a large IPod where I put all my music, and all the podcasts downloaded through the "normal" premium feed. but I also have a smaller Ipod that I always carry around, and I'd like to put only the standard audio on this one. I guess that now the easiest option for that would be to subscribe to "audio-only" in "my feed", but won't that pollute my standard premium feed that I still want to keep ? Can I have the two feeds in Itunes at the same time ? I'd rather not just try to find out I have to re-download everything ...

And do you intend to implement the new "my feed" feature in your other podcasts too ?
さっぱり分からない !...

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » March 21st, 2008 10:06 pm

Yes, you can have multiple My Feeds at once. For better or worse, I'm pretty sure they'll all have their own separate download directory and will be see by iTunes as different podcasts. That means you would need to redownload everything. In your case, I would recommend creating a Smart Playlist instead for your smaller iPod and set it up to only include the lesson audio files. It should be easy since the names of all of those tracks end with "(Audio)".

Yes, it'll be rolled out on the other sites in the near future.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
プチクレア
Established Presence

Postby プチクレア » March 21st, 2008 10:26 pm

I had never thought of the smart playlist solution. This is a GREAT idea !!! Thanks a lot !
さっぱり分からない !...

Return to “Technical Support”