a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Where are the .torrent files?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

kahilm
New in Town

Where are the .torrent files?

Postby kahilm » March 18th, 2008 4:49 pm

I'm brand new here, just signed up for my 7 day free trial.

For the life of me, I can't find the bulk bittorrent files. I looked in the download center but I only see options for feeds. I can't use the basic or premium feeds because I'm on my free trial and I don't want to download a few hundred episodes one at a time.

If anyone can help me out, thanks.

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » March 18th, 2008 5:26 pm

Those have been gone for quite some time. I don't recall the specific reason they were removed, but they are. As such I'm afraid you're not gonna find them.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » March 20th, 2008 5:37 am

yeah, the torrents have been gone for at least a year. we had an explanation posted, but it's gone now (cuz it's been a year).

anyhoo, i recommend making a customized RSS feed for yourself using the My Feed feature in the Learning Center:

http://www.japanesepod101.com/learningc ... m_feed.php
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » March 20th, 2008 2:23 pm

Psy wrote:Those have been gone for quite some time. I don't recall the specific reason they were removed, but they are. As such I'm afraid you're not gonna find them.

Yeah, we had a lot of issues with the torrents. People had lots of problems connecting and downloading. So after the Basic and Premium feeds were in place and working well, we dropped them.

If you don't want to download them one by one and don't want to shell out the $ for a subscription, then a Firefox extension called DownThemAll is your friend. It's not as easy as the feeds, but it beats the crap out of downloading them one by one. I actually used it to download batches of files when I originally made the torrents since that was before the paid feeds.

BTW, My Feed is only available to Premium subscribers.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

mikepinkerton
New in Town

Postby mikepinkerton » April 4th, 2008 2:50 am

Jason wrote:Yeah, we had a lot of issues with the torrents. People had lots of problems connecting and downloading. So after the Basic and Premium feeds were in place and working well, we dropped them.

The User Guide page (http://www.japanesepod101.com/help-center/user-guide/) still prominently features the torrents. You should probably remove the mention from that page. I got all excited when I saw it, only to have my hopes dashed :-)

-Mike

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » April 4th, 2008 6:30 pm

Jason wrote:BTW, My Feed is only available to Premium subscribers.

I thought the week free trial was a Premium subscription. (I've been off that for about 15 mos, though)

Hamiltoons
New in Town

Postby Hamiltoons » June 15th, 2008 2:52 am

How does one customize their feed so that the lessons download in the order they were presented instead of most recent to oldest descending?

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Re: ...

Postby Jason » June 15th, 2008 8:30 am

Hamiltoons wrote:How does one customize their feed so that the lessons download in the order they were presented instead of most recent to oldest descending?

Unfortunately, you can't. At least not automatically. That's just how iTunes queues up downloads, newest first. You can reorder them after they've downloaded, but if you want to download them in in a different order, the only way is to manually click the Get button for each one in the order you want them in.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Hamiltoons
New in Town

Postby Hamiltoons » June 16th, 2008 2:46 am

Okay, that having been said, how do I re-order them in iTunes? I can do it by name but that doesn't order them all correctly.

Return to “Technical Support”