a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

"Vocab List w/ Audio" doesn't have Audio

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

"Vocab List w/ Audio" doesn't have Audio

Postby Snowfall » January 11th, 2008 5:06 pm

I'm just starting out and have a Premium Membership. I've noticed that, in the Learning Center, there is a section called "Vocabulary List with Audio". In the Vocabulary List section there i s a column entitled Audio. the description of that column says there should be two audio clips. The first clip is supposed to be spoken at normal speed, the second clip is supposed to be spoken spoken slowly syllable by syllable, then paused for two seconds and then repeated at normal speed.

I've looked at several lessons and for many there aren't any audio clips at all. That was disappointing. Even more disappointing is the fact that, on the ones that do include audio clips, the second clip is identical to the first. No syllable separation, no slow speed or enunciation help.

Is this something JPod plans to fix or is it just what it is?

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Postby Snowfall » January 17th, 2008 6:25 pm

Was this the proper place for this post? Or should I have posted it in a different section of the forum?

I'm still curious as to why there are no slow-speed pronunciations on the Vocab w/Audio pages. Is there some other way I can get a slow-speed pronunciation in The Learning Center?

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » January 19th, 2008 9:03 am

actually, it was something we put in place a long time ago. as far as i know it's never worked. LOL.
actually i upload the slow audio files all the time, so they are actually there. if the tech-team figures out how to rectify the error, everything should be there.

i'll point out, however, that vocab in the Intermediate and Upper Intermediate lessons doesn't have slow readings, so if the system gets fixed, those words may not be there (unless the appeared in another level).

sorry for the inconvenience! :oops:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Postby Snowfall » January 19th, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Markystar. Guess I'll just have to figure out how to speed up my ears until the tech team gets the slowfiles working :).

Return to “Technical Support”