a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Premium Subscriber, still can't get ITunes downloads

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Premium Subscriber, still can't get ITunes downloads

Postby Snowfall » January 3rd, 2008 5:46 pm

On January 1, I signed up as a Premium subscriber. Today, I tried to get all the lessons onto ITunes. Following the Premium access link from JPod, I was given an option to enter my JPod name and password, but they weren't accepted. Now, I'm not even given the option again.

This is not making me very confident that I made a right decision to join JPod.

Lucky_Strike
New in Town

Postby Lucky_Strike » January 4th, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I signed up as a premium member on jan 3. I saw the login page a couple of times and each time it denied me access. And then finally I was no longer able to see the login page.

I found out how to get the login page to show up again. Just go to iTunes, and click on Podcasts under Library in the left nav. You should see the URL for the premium feed in the main frame. Just right-click on it and choose Update Podcast. This should make the login page appear. As to why it's denying us access, I believe it's because we are also within the Trial period (I am anyways, my trial period expires on jan 8) and so we don't appear to have the proper access rights. This is my guess anyways.

I sent an email to JPod so I will let you know what their response is.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Lucky_Strike
New in Town

Postby Lucky_Strike » January 4th, 2008 2:49 pm

I'm now able to get the itunes podcasts. The problem was that I had a space in my user name so the JPod people replaced the space with an underscore.

Snowfall, just send JPod and email and I'm sure they can help solve your problem.

bbrownz
New in Town

Postby bbrownz » January 4th, 2008 6:42 pm

Lucky_Strike, were you still in the trial period or did you end up having to switch over to one of the paid options (ie I'm not sure what they mean by active)?

I just signed up, maybe 30 minutes ago, and can't get iTunes to authenticate to the feed, I don't have a space in my user name so that doesn't seem to be it.

Maybe theres a longer wait period, seeing that it worked for you a day later, I would really love to be able to start listening when I go to the gym after work today. I suppose I could just download the episodes manually... :(

Lucky_Strike
New in Town

Postby Lucky_Strike » January 5th, 2008 11:12 pm

I was in the trial period and then signed up for the Premium service.
You definitely have to be a Premium subscriber to get the Podcasts.

bbrownz
New in Town

Postby bbrownz » January 6th, 2008 3:52 am

Lucky_Strike wrote:I was in the trial period and then signed up for the Premium service.
You definitely have to be a Premium subscriber to get the Podcasts.

Ah, bummer, good to know, I guess I'll have to be content with just downloading my samples for now.

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Postby Snowfall » January 9th, 2008 2:29 pm

Well, it's been a few days and I STILL cannot get the feed. Here's the latest development:

I opened ITunes today and saw JPod listed in my podcasts but it did not have the little blue dot on the left-hand side (I believe the blue dot indicates that it has been downloaded and is ready to listen to). I clicked on the little "i"(for information) on the right-hand side and it seemed as if the download was starting. A "sign in" box popped up asking for my JPod username and password.

I entered the requested information, and it asked for it again. And again. And again. In other words, the sign in box keeps popping up.

I don't know if I'm in or out but I do know I'm extremely disappointed and sincerely regret having spent the money on this program. The only bright side is the fact that I only signed up for one month. Once burned, twice shy, as they say.

Unless something drastic happens with this program, I will NOT be renewing the subscription. This is, after all, not the only fish in the Japanese sea.

bbrownz
New in Town

Postby bbrownz » January 9th, 2008 2:49 pm

Snowfall wrote:I entered the requested information, and it asked for it again. And again. And again. In other words, the sign in box keeps popping up.

Snowfall, the sign in box popping up again and again means that the authentication isn't going through. I've since upgraded and haven't had any problems.

I would check

1) Delete the old feed, and resubscribe off the download page, make sure you got the correct level, like trying the premium feed if you have a basic subscription.

2) Make sure you don't have any spaces left hanging around, it doesn't look like you have one in your user name, but you might have one (or some other non-standard character) in your password. In fact, try changing your password to something simple and see if that goes through.

Hope you get it fixed :) JPod certainly isn't the only fish in the sea as you say, but from my ones that I tried it was certainly the most engaging.

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Postby Snowfall » January 9th, 2008 5:02 pm

After this morning's posting, I took yet another look at ITunes and Jpod vs the username and password I have here on the site. I noticed that, although I did not use a capital S for my username, apparently JPod decided for me that I needed a capital S. When I re-entered my username on ITunes, using a capital S, it worked. *sigh*

JPod really needs to make it clear that they have changed one's name AND that the capitalization, spaces, underscores or whatever they've deemed necessary to add MUST be used in order to use ITunes.

In any event, it looks like I'm in. Now my only issue is, I wish the lessons were able to be sorted in progression order (introduction, newbie, beginner, etc). I tried putting them in date order, but, because of the way JPod evolved, that doesn't help.

As to whether I re-sub when my Premium month is up? Still not sure. It's looking a bit more positive now that I can use ITunes/IPod, but the whole downloading issue has left a bit of a bitter taste.

I guess we'll just have to see.

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Postby Snowfall » January 9th, 2008 5:04 pm

Oh, I forgot to say, thank you for your posts and suggestions. I may be a little miffed at JPod but I do appreciate your concern and your help.

Thanks all! :).

Return to “Technical Support”