Or sign up using Facebook

Podcast downloading question

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

toneilfraser
New in Town

Podcast downloading question

Postby toneilfraser » December 6th, 2007 10:50 pm

Hey,

I've just signed up to the basic feed and I had a question about the downloads. When I set up the feed all of the previous podcasts and PDFs were shown in grey and I could choose which ones to download. As I understand it because I'm now signed up to the feed, my itunes will automatically download all of the new stuff as it's released. I'm only at beginner level just now so my questions is; is it possible to somehow specify which lessons I was to auto download and just have the rest show up in grey so I can choose to download them at a later date if I want to do that?

I don't want to have my system actually downloading everything when I don't need it right now.

Many thanks,

Neil

Xakko
New in Town

Question for you....

Postby Xakko » January 6th, 2008 6:06 am

Hello there! X) I am also a beginner and wondering if you knew how I could get to all the begginners lessons. So far I can only get the latest 10 lessons availible....have any suggustions???
thanks!
-Xakko

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
terrysimons
Been Around a Bit

Re: Question for you....

Postby terrysimons » January 6th, 2008 8:15 am

Xakko wrote:Hello there! X) I am also a beginner and wondering if you knew how I could get to all the begginners lessons. So far I can only get the latest 10 lessons availible....have any suggustions???
thanks!
-Xakko

I'm not sure... I had to manually click every episode to download them. Needless to say, it took a while. This is due to the way that iTunes handles podcasts, though, not something jpod101-specific, and iTunes doesn't appear to have any options in for adjusting those parameters...

There might be 3rd party applications (or maybe an AppleScript or Automator workflow for Mac users?)

mdreilly
New in Town

Re: Question for you....

Postby mdreilly » January 16th, 2008 8:58 pm

Xakko wrote:Hello there! X) I am also a beginner and wondering if you knew how I could get to all the begginners lessons. So far I can only get the latest 10 lessons availible....have any suggustions???
thanks!
-Xakko

I have the same question - I am a couple of months behind on downloading. I do not use iTunes, so I installed juice, and was able to get the latest lessons - but how do I get the others?

Return to “Technical Support”