Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Notes - Play entire Lesson does not work?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Inuzuka
Been Around a Bit

Notes - Play entire Lesson does not work?

Postby Inuzuka » June 16th, 2007 12:15 am

Hello,

yesterday I got my new iPod (80GB), downloaded the iLearning notes and soundfiles, extracted them, copied the JapanesePod101.com foulder into the iPod notes folder and the jpod101_audio_xxx folder into the iPod icon inside iTunes.

All works fine, except of the "Play entire Lesson" link at any lesson. Don´t know why and what to do? :?:

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Shino

Harv
Established Presence

Postby Harv » June 16th, 2007 12:53 am

Do you have the podcasts on your ipod?

Join by May 6th
Inuzuka
Been Around a Bit

Sorry, I forgot...

Postby Inuzuka » June 16th, 2007 12:28 pm

Sorry for my bad english. Yes, I tried to describe this in my first posting :oops: I have forgotten to tell you, that I first synchronized the iPod with iTunes and can play the lessons and videos directly. This all works fine.

I tried out many lessons, but the "Play entire Lesson"-Link does not work. It is a 5.5G 80GB iPod.
Last edited by Inuzuka on June 16th, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Inuzuka
Been Around a Bit

Confused...

Postby Inuzuka » June 16th, 2007 12:44 pm

I am a little bit confused, i. e. Introduction I:

Download directly from the Website, the filename will be
"i01_INTRO1_121505_jpod101.mp3"

Download with iTunes and subscription, the filename is
"01 Introduction Part 1 - Eat, Drink,.mp3" (automatically)

In the corresponding textfile, downloaded from iLearning ("FullLessonLink.txt"), the Tag is
"<a href="song=Introduction #1 - Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!">Click here to play the entire lesson</a>"

I. e. the Tag for the line-by-line audio which function well, looks like
"<a href="song=jpod101_audio_i01_1&NowPlaying=false">乾杯!
</a>"

Is there any iPod user, where this works? All names are inconsistently, I don´t know how it should work anywhere?

Or what do I wrong, so that this link not work?

Inuzuka
Been Around a Bit

Figured something out

Postby Inuzuka » June 16th, 2007 3:19 pm

Hello,

i figured something out. But this will be very complicated to fix, because of the iPod internal file management.

As I wrote in the last post, the correspond link is
"<a href="song=Introduction #1 - Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!">Click here to play the entire lesson</a>"

I figured out that the problem is not the filename, it is the ID tag.

So, the "Introduction #1 - Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!" is the ID Tag, iPod wants to call, but the ID tag of the corresponding file, in my case it is the file JWNH.mp3 under x:\iPod_Control\Music\F00\, was only "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!", so I changed the line in the textfile to "<a href="song=Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!">Click here to play the entire lesson</a>" and it WORKED!

So I tried another one. The second Part is in iTunes, I checked the synchronize all box under the podcast settings, but I can´t find the ID-Tag title in my iPod. おかしいね

But the third introduction lesson was there, so I checked the same:
1st I tried it out and it doesn´t work.

2nd I checked the textfile original link:
<a href="song=Introduction #3 - On Cloud Nine">Click here to play the entire lesson</a>

3rd I checked ID-Tag of the corresponding mp3-File under x:\iPod_Control\Music\F03 (in my case it was DHIG.mp3)
ID-tag was "Introduction Part 3 - On Cloud Nine - Audio" - again completely different from the link in the textfile

4th I changed the link into
<a href="song=Introduction Part 3 - On Cloud Nine - Audio">Click here to play the entire lesson</a> Again completely different from the link. A little bit tricky was the double blank between the words "Introduction" and "Part".

5th I checked my changes and IT WORKS!

My Question is: It seems to be a general problem, or is there someone, who is able to play this without editing the textfiles? If so, why do I have this problem? And last but not least: Why didn´t anyone else remarked this problem? I am the only one?

I am at the beginning of the courses and if I have to edit all the files I would need more time to edit in stead of learning japanese...

ilahdus
New in Town

I have same problem

Postby ilahdus » August 6th, 2007 2:35 am

Hi,

After listening to the podcasts for months, I just decided to try out the premium subscription, and the main reason was that I want to have the transcriptions on my iPod as handy as possible. So this is quite annoying. I have all the lessons on my pod (downloaded automatically as podcasts), but the "Click here to play the entire lesson" just does nothing. And for sure I am not willing to try and change all the links manually for all the files.

I wonder if anyone actually uses these.. and wonder how come there seems to be no "official" response of any kind within this thread :-o

Really would like to get this to work.

Inuzuka
Been Around a Bit

Official response?

Postby Inuzuka » August 6th, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi ilahdus,

yes, you´re right. I contacted the support team per e-mail some time ago and got the answer, that the problem is well known and they still working on a solution. I translated the newbie series into german and corrected the depending links, so that it works for me. Sadly they do many to improve the website content, but this long well known problem still lasts on.

BUT there are many more failures on the website and the iPod-Files also. Some of this were quickly resolved, when I informed the support staff.

So by the way your only possibility is to get it to work by yourself like I described in the post before, I think. It may be a good idea to contact the support directly, they have to know, that the problem still exists and users are interested in getting this worked. (Sorry 4 my bad english :oops: )

じゃあ、がんばってね

Return to “Technical Support”