a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

premium feed - reading text

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

nyjackie
New in Town

premium feed - reading text

Postby nyjackie » May 3rd, 2007 2:08 pm

Can anyone open the text files on Itune? I thought with the premium feed, one should be able to read the text (not just romanji) in Kana and Kanji. It would be nice at least have the vocabulary section included in the text.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » May 26th, 2007 9:04 pm

What do you mean text files? The PDFs? iTunes should be able to send any PDFs to either Preview or Adobe Reader.

Yep, tested it out on my Mac, and iTunes is sending the request to Adobe Reader.

Get 40% OFF
markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » October 25th, 2007 3:57 pm

also, if you right click on podcast file in iTunes and select Get Info, choose the Lyrics tab and there you can find the transcript.

if you're a premium subscriber, you'll see Kanji, Kana, Romaji and Translation. everything!

if you're a free subscriber, you'll see romaji and translation (newbie/beginners2) or kana and translation (lower intermediate and intermediate). 8)

marky
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

nyjackie
New in Town

Postby nyjackie » October 25th, 2007 10:43 pm

I'm referring to reading text on Ipod. When listening to the podcast on ipod, the only text available is in romanji. Some of the older lessons (begining lessons up to 30) have vocabulary in Kanji, plus romanji version of the text. While listening to the podcast on Ipod, where should I look for kanji, kana version of text, etc.. all the good stuff that premium subscriber should enjoy.

thanks!

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » October 26th, 2007 2:35 am

ahhhhhhh, gotcha!

the old lessons are tagged as you said. vocab, etc. and low level lessons just have romaji. at that time we didn't have a premium feed or premium-only files.

but now we do. at least for the last few months. 8)
on the current lessons, there are now dialog-only tracks (and for newbie and beginner season 2) there are review tracks. those include kanji, kana, romaji and english.

eventually, we'll go back and do the re-tag the old lessons the same way. but with something like 500-600 old lessons and only 4 full-time people, it's no easy task. so for the time being only the current lessons are being tagged this way.

btw - i noticed the other day that the tags cannot be viewed from an iPod Touch. not sure why that's the case, and we're looking into it. but you CAN access the learning center via iPod Touch, so the entire transcript can be read that way.
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » October 26th, 2007 2:38 am

When listening to the podcast on ipod, the only text available is in romanji.

Just a friendly reminder, there's no N in Romaji! 8) 8) 8)

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » September 25th, 2008 2:48 am

All the older lessons, probably 2007 and older, have romaji and translation. I've given up reading the text on my video iPod because they were in romaji. I usually wait until I get home and turn the computer on to read the kanji/hiragana versions.

If the touch model allows me to read PDF files, I'll buy that thing in a heartbeat so I can continue my lessons instead of having to take my computer.

Return to “Technical Support”