Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Video resolution for Japanesepod101 too wide on ipod touch?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

kudos
New in Town

Video resolution for Japanesepod101 too wide on ipod touch?

Postby kudos » September 30th, 2009 5:17 am

dear all
i am not sure if anyone is facing the same problem as me.
I view the Everyday Kanji video .mp4 on my ipod touch, they are too wide on my screen. I could not see the words

I also tried to transfer .m4v video into ipod touch, Itunes give me an error saying file not supported. I convert m4v into mp4 the resolution was again too wide on my screen.

Anyone has any idea how i should resolve this? i am using windows vista 32 bit
Thank you!

Kiefer414
New in Town

Too Wide?

Postby Kiefer414 » September 30th, 2009 10:23 am

Do you try viewing in sideways? That's what I do on mine. ::shrugs::

Get 45% OFF
kudos
New in Town

Postby kudos » September 30th, 2009 10:30 am

Hi thanks. yes i viewed it in landscape as well. i could not see the entire video too..

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Re: Video resolution for Japanesepod101 too wide on ipod tou

Postby ShiroiNeko » October 1st, 2009 9:33 am

kudos wrote:dear all
i am not sure if anyone is facing the same problem as me.
I view the Everyday Kanji video .mp4 on my ipod touch, they are too wide on my screen. I could not see the words

I also tried to transfer .m4v video into ipod touch, Itunes give me an error saying file not supported. I convert m4v into mp4 the resolution was again too wide on my screen.

Anyone has any idea how i should resolve this? i am using windows vista 32 bit
Thank you!

I have also had problems with these files.
4 everyday kanji videos so far ( 1,2,7,8 ) did not play on my iTouch.
After the first two, I sent an e-mail to JPod. A reply e-mail assured me that the problem had been fixed, and future videos would be OK. Sad to say, this was not the case, as the problem has come back.

It is strange that this problem only happens with the Everyday Kanji videos, the other series are not affected.

My workaround is to add the file to iTunes, and then right click it and "Create iPod or iPhone version". It takes a few minutes, but the converted file can be up to 10 Mg smaller. I then delete the faulty original.

BTW, Kudos-san, are you using the latest version of iTunes, and iTouch software?
Old softwer may be causing your problem ...

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » October 2nd, 2009 12:25 am

If you tap the screen while the video is playing, in the top bar there will be a black button with arrows pointing to the corners. That button is used for changing between scale to fit into screen and scale to fill the screen. Try doing this and see if it helps!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

kudos
New in Town

Postby kudos » October 2nd, 2009 6:14 pm

thanks Jessi for yr advice!. it seems like i have missed that black arrows.

Shiroineko san
thanks for yr reply. I am facing the same problem as u for video 1,2,7,8 as well
the error msg was "was not copied to the ipod because it cannot be played on this ipod"

I tried to use your workaround solution by right clicking the video in itunes to create Ipod version, but to my dismay i encountered new errors! :(
eg i tried on a few Everyday Kanji videos, 6, 7,8 , the error msg
"Error occurred while converting the file Video 61 filename...... " The require file cannot be found.
This is weird, because i can play the files on my laptop perfectly.

I am using the latest v9 itunes and ipod touch 2nd generation with latest firmware v3. my laptop is using vista 32 bit.

leno
New in Town

Re: Video resolution for Japanesepod101 too wide on ipod tou

Postby leno » February 4th, 2010 1:00 am

you may try to use m4v converter plus to convert the file, then you will play it anywhere. i use it and feel well. http://www.m4vconverterplus.com :roll:

Return to “Technical Support”