a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

What lessons to start with?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Arctikus
New in Town

What lessons to start with?

Postby Arctikus » January 8th, 2009 12:11 am

Hi, I was wondering what lessons to start with as there are survival phrases, newbie and beginner. Should I do all 3 at the same time? Thanks.

soniak
New in Town

Postby soniak » January 8th, 2009 1:52 am

I do as much as my brain can hold at one time until I realize I've reached my limit. Then I know in my case, for example, that beyond Lower Intermediate I shouldn't even bother with right now.
So, do as much as you can. When it gets overwhelming, back off. And note where your limit is.
HTH

Get 40% OFF
pensuked
New in Town

Postby pensuked » January 8th, 2009 8:46 pm

I personally think you should focus on one section at a time since the lessons build upon each other in each section(Newbie or Beginner, I'm planning to do beginner after Newbie just so I don't miss any important vocabulary before going to Lower intermediate.)). I don't recommend trying too hard because the knowledge dissappears quickly. At first you can handle a few lessons a day but as Peter-san say, it's better to start Kanji as soon as possible so I learn every single vocab and Kanji in detail and take 1 lesson a day with a review of six lessons once a week.

kinyobi
Been Around a Bit

Postby kinyobi » March 14th, 2009 1:47 am

I missed the part where Peter said to learn Kanji A.S.A.P. as I've only been concentrating on Hiragana and Katakana.

{Bangs head on desk}

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » May 4th, 2009 8:35 am

http://www.japanesepod101.com/help-center/the-courses/

Please refer to the above link to see where you need to start with Japanesepod101.com and your previous Japanese study.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”