Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

More lessons about verb conjugation in newbie lesson?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

watermen
Expert on Something

More lessons about verb conjugation in newbie lesson?

Postby watermen » February 18th, 2008 4:42 pm

I realized that all the newbie lessons recently just talk about -iru, -aru...can we have newbie lessons on different thing? Such as verb conjugation...?

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » February 18th, 2008 5:23 pm

I get the impression that the newbie series is just for the completely-new-to-the-language demographic who might happen to stumble across the site, or the podcasts on iTunes. These people need something immediately accessible if they're going to be sucked into the site, so it's realistic to assume the series will continue as is.

Since the beginner series is a linear course that teaches you all the basic grammar, the newbie lessons are fulfilling their purpose: to give you a taster of the language, and encourage you onto the next level. They still offer something of interest to other levels, at least to me anyway. The point about pronunciation of the が-column mentioned today hasn't been covered anywhere else, for example.

Get 40% OFF
josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » February 21st, 2008 1:14 pm

i think the beginner lessons cover the conjugation enough as it is.
plus, that frabrizo guy is annoying enough for me to not listen to the series :lol:
あなたの敵を許しなさい。だが、その名前は決して忘れるな

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » February 22nd, 2008 3:53 am

josiah wrote:i think the beginner lessons cover the conjugation enough as it is.
plus, that frabrizo guy is annoying enough for me to not listen to the series :lol:

Ha..same here...Frabrizo is super annoying...feel like punching him... :lol: But honestly speaking all the characters there are very annoying too.... :lol:

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”