a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

How to use RSS

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

How to use RSS

Postby maxiewawa » August 31st, 2007 1:00 am

How about a lesson on how to use an RSS reader? i think it's just as important as Rikaichan in learning Japanese, particularly with regard to japanesepod. With learners understanding how to use an RSS reader like bloglines.com I think a lot more people would contribute in the messageboard/forum.

Just the other day someone mentioned in koreanclass101.com that they were disappointed that every time they checked in on the site there wasn't a new lesson. I was amazed that not everyone was using RSS to keep up to date on what was happening, and some people were typing the url in the browser, and repeatedly going to the site. I of course put a post on that lesson but the person didn't get to read it, which is kinda my point...

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » August 31st, 2007 12:36 pm

i don't wanna sound dumb or nuthin' but i don't how to take advantage of it either. :roll:

i'll look into it!

marky
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Get 40% OFF
bemyduende
New in Town

Postby bemyduende » September 1st, 2007 12:56 am

Truthfully, I don't even know what a RSS feed is...? :oops:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » September 1st, 2007 11:13 pm

bemyduende wrote:Truthfully, I don't even know what a RSS feed is...? :oops:

bemyduende-san! :wink:

That's why I keep on saying to study very hard so you know what everyone is talking about and don't be ignorant. :twisted:

Please listen to me and my post and you will make a change, I only said the true to all! 8) :wink:

bemyduende
New in Town

ok...

Postby bemyduende » September 3rd, 2007 4:22 am

i'm not being ignorant... isn't that why i'm saying I don't know what it is... because i want help? truthfully at this time in my life i don't have enough time to go out and "research" it myself because i"m too busy at the moment. so i guess, my last post would someone please explain to me what it is?

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: ok...

Postby Ulver_684 » September 5th, 2007 3:47 am

bemyduende wrote:i'm not being ignorant... isn't that why i'm saying I don't know what it is... because i want help? truthfully at this time in my life i don't have enough time to go out and "research" it myself because i"m too busy at the moment. so i guess, my last post would someone please explain to me what it is?

You don't have to wait until someone else give you the answer you can search it your self just go to http:// www.google.com type RSS feed and there you have the answer.

I also recommend you watch the movie 'The Secret' answer awaits! :D

bemyduende
New in Town

i'll wait

Postby bemyduende » September 5th, 2007 3:41 pm

Once again I'm super busy and I'd rather wait for an RSS feed video on this website then research it myself. Isn't that way this forum topic was created?

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » September 5th, 2007 4:17 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_feed

So basically, a website creates a special file called a web feed and fills it with news and updates (or whatever they want). You can then subscribe to the feed using a special program called a feed aggregator, or more commonly called a feed reader or news reader. The feed reader can periodically check your subscribed feeds for you to see if new items have been added to it, instead of you having to visit the website several times a day to see if there are updates. It's quite handy, and there are a lot of sites now that offer web feeds.

RSS is simply one of several web feed formats. Different feed formats may have more or less functionality than the others, but they all do what I described above.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: i'll wait

Postby Ulver_684 » September 6th, 2007 1:57 am

bemyduende wrote:Once again I'm super busy and I'd rather wait for an RSS feed video on this website then research it myself. Isn't that way this forum topic was created?

There you go you have your answer directly to your mouth! 8)

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”