a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Video Suggestion: Japanese Gestures

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

racum
Been Around a Bit

Video Suggestion: Japanese Gestures

Postby racum » May 22nd, 2007 1:24 am

What about a Video Lesson with "non-verbal japanese", funny things that japanese people do when are talking? ...lots of them!! :)

padrik
Established Presence

Postby padrik » May 22nd, 2007 9:59 pm

Good idea, there can be some things that throw foreigners off. The first time I had someone gesturing me to come to them, I thought it was telling me to go away, very funny situation.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Inuzuka
Been Around a Bit

Postby Inuzuka » June 16th, 2007 2:41 am

I saw an interesting gesture in japan:

If we say "I", we would indicate this by pointing our index finger in direction of our heart or to the middle of our chest.

But if Japanese say "I", the indicate this by pointing their nose! As I saw this the first time, it was very funny and interesting. (sorry for my bad english :oops: ).

TheProfessorOne
Established Presence

Re: 僕

Postby TheProfessorOne » June 23rd, 2007 2:23 pm

Inuzuka wrote:I saw an interesting gesture in japan:

If we say "I", we would indicate this by pointing our index finger in direction of our heart or to the middle of our chest.

But if Japanese say "I", the indicate this by pointing their nose! As I saw this the first time, it was very funny and interesting. (sorry for my bad english :oops: ).

Indeed this is true.

The videocast are awesome and I believe all of us "non-Japanese" could benefit from a lesson in this area...even a simple one.

Keep up the good work guys. :o
Guidelines | FAQ | あなたはぜっこうちょうですか?

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”